Volleyball drills for all skills
Moving at blocking
Two players left and right forward at net (Player position A and B). All other players in two lines after each other.
- Player C and D together walk forward to the net.
- Player C and D together block at position 1.
- Player C lands after block on right leg and steps to position 2 to block A together.
- Player D lands after block on his left leg and steps to position 2 to block B together.
- C and D remain left and right forward after block, players A and B join back of line.
Improve reaction and speed
Repetition:In total, do 5 series of 10 balls.
- Players 1, 2, and 3 with ball in half circle.
- Player 4 before the 3 players with ball.
- Player 5 indicates, behind the back of player 4, which player has to let go of his ball
- Everybody 10 balls. Person with the most saves wins the game.
- Player 5 picks up balls if necessary and keeps count
Focus of this exercise is the service pass.
Start serving calmly, raise pressure in the course of the exercise.
- A serves to B
- B passes to C
- C catches, and joins position D
- D serves or E
- E passes to F
- F catches and joins position A
- A takes 3 steps into the field, after the pass/set up follows a controlled straight attack, which A defends himself .
- A catches ball, and gives it to a reserve server on position A
- Idem for D
8 Players: reserve on serving position
10 players: position reserve on serving position and pass
12 players: 2 reserves serving position, 1 reserve pass position
14 players: 2 reserves on serving position and pass
- make 2 lines on the 3 meter line
- from both the lines, 2 players walk forward to make a block
- then they move sidewards to the outside position
- the next player from the line moves forward and makes a block
- he also goes outside and joins the previous player
- together the make a block
- The first player joins back in the line and the second moves to the outside position
- Note: pay attention to the feet of the outside player as middle man/woman. In principle, the outside player sets the block!
- put down 1 chest
- start as low as possible (so 1 low)
- the players make an attack run from the cone
- SHORT, LONG, JOIN, PUSH OFF
- push off with two legs
- end on the chest with both hand in the air (possible clap hands)
- then 2 block jumps at the net.
- Pay attention to steps sideways
- then around the cone and trainer throws a dive ball
- Pay attention to sliding on the belly
- Fetch ball and put in box
- join the back for jumping
- give each other the right arm and bend the knees to sitting position.
- idem left arm
- pairs shake hands crossed (see picture) and bend the knees to sitting position.
These exercises are done in pairs
- Exercise 1:
- Person 1 is at the net with a ball,
- person 2 starts at the 3-meter line.
- Person 1 hits the ball and person has to run back and play the ball back to person 1.
- 10x per person.
- Exercise 2:
- Person 1 is on the 3-meter line with a ball.
- Person 2 is going to block at the net, and then turn around to play the short ball by person 1.
- 10x per person.
pairs with the back against each other sit down and get up again.