Volleyball drills for all skills
Divide children in pairs; 1 counter and 1 performing the exercise
- 4 hoops are in a square. The distance between the hoops is 5 meters. In every hoop is a ball. The player starts in a corner with a ball.
- Change as many balls as possible, in which the ball has to be put in the hoop. The player has to look the same direction the entire time.
- Every player has 1 turn.
- Count the number of ball changes in 45 seconds.
Directions for the counters
- The balls have to be put in the hoops. If the ball rolls out, the player has to go back to put the ball back in the hoop!
- All four hoops have to be processed in order. The player is not allowed to run between 2 hoops and change the balls!
A game of 1 against 1 on a six meter long field
- Player A tries to score a point against player B
- Everything is allowed, the ball has to be touched at least 2x before playing.
- Variation 1:
- The ball being played is, from now on, a hard overarm contact.
- Variation 2:
- The second contact is a soccer contact (head, knee, shoulder, breast, foot).
- Variation 3:
- Build up has to be done in 3 times.
- Ball 1 = Underhand
- Ball 2 = overarm
- Ball 3 = Attack or tip
- Build up has to be done in 3 times.
- The trainer randomly plays 1 or 2.
- From there, a set up to the other (1 or 2) is given for attacking.
- Depending on where the attack happens, 6 players on the other side of the net take the correct positions.
- Blocking, defending, and play over the net to me.
- High tempo.
- If the ball is not defended, throw it to my side of the net so that we can continue.
- There are 2 lines with persons on the end line and 2 attackers on the 3m line at both sides.
- The player right back walks to the middle of the field and gets a ball thrown by the player left back.
- The player gives a set up to the attacker on the 3m line.
- This attacker tries to attack the ball over the net to the best of his abilities.
- This exercise stimulates a not-perfect set up given from the back field.
- The goal is that the attacker is still able to play the ball over the net with some pressure.
The teams on the mats have to conquer 4 cones without being tagged in x number of minutes
- Pairs on the 3 mats (to be expanded to 2 pairs)
- 2 taggers between mats and cones
- 9 cones around a field's length from the mats.
The pair on the mat has conquer a mat hand in hand or otherwise connected.
The taggers are going to try to tag the pair.
If one of the pair is tagged, they have to go back to their mat and try again.
The first at the four cones has one. The team with the least cones are going to be the taggers.
Set a time limit for an x number of minutes to keep the flow in the game.
- You are in pairs bsp;
- The one has a tennis ball, and the other a cone.
- One is holding the cone in a triangle and tries to catch the tennis ball thrown by the other.
- The catcher then tries to push the ball to the thrower.
- You do this 10x and then change.
- Also pay attention to leg work
The hands are positioned like this:
- The circle is the cone.
- The point of the cone has to point to the nose of the kid.
- You need little cones.
Agreements about blocking
- Always 2 blockers on the outside
- Block left (outside) arm's length of the antenna (diagonal blocking)
- Block right (diagonal) at the antenna (straight block)
- This makes sure that position 1 (playmaker) can always be blocked, so no hard attack on position 1 is possible.
- Block middle by 1 person, block on the ball.
- The players are in a line at position 1.
- The first makes a jump service (without ball), then runs diagonally to the net (position 4).
- Here, he/she makes a block, shuffles backwards to the 3m line, and attacks.
- Then, he/she shuffles to the middle and does the same.
- Keeps shuffling to the right and does the same here.
- Makes a dive to position 1.
- Per 2 players, 1 ball
- Player A has a ball.
- Player B is at 4 meters from player A
- Player A throws the ball to player B
- Action during: Player A calls left or right
- Player B is catching the ball with the hand player A is calling.
- Idem for player B.
- Variation: 2 or 3 balls, tennis ball, reaction ball.