Volleyball drills for all skills
- defends box A (hard attack) and B (tactical ball) - rest attacks in sequence ( alternating hard and tactical)
- 2 teams behind the three meter line - defend, set up, and three meter attack - when you have played the ball, you sprint to the net VARIATION: instead of sprint: block at the net duik naar achterlijn aanvalssprong
| If you put pressure on the opponent with your service and attack, the balls easily get over the net. It is a must to process these balls properly and (quickly) set up another attack. Precision is of the highest importance. The responsibilities have to be clear and taken by the players. It has to be clear for whom the easy ball is and who passes it. The place to which the ball is passed must also be clear.|
The speed of the rally pass is also of importance. Particularly when the playmaker is forward, you can pass the ball quicker to the net. Closer to the net, you pass the ball a bit higher, so everybody has time to prepare for the attack.
Coach throws ball in to the six. They build up an attack
The six have to score from the rally pass. The four have to prevent this by blocking the ball and defend.
When the 6 have 5 points, change.
If volleyball players think they are starting the attack pass to soon, or the trainer thinks the attackers come in too soon, this is a good exercise.
The playmaker is positioned with a box of balls. He has to throw up the ball for himself 5 times or less. The attackers doe not know how often this happens, and can only leave when the set-up is done, not before.
The attackers will have to come in more aggressively, building up more speed and thus more height, if there is a good brake pass.
If this goes well, the trainer can decide to move the playmaker closer to the attackers, so the distance the set-upper has to cover is shortened. The attackers have to be even more alert.
In a large circle:
- Turn ankles
- Spread arms and make small circles, increasing in size. Then back again. Start large, and then make smaller and smaller rounds
- Airplane. 10 seconds on every leg.
- Planking: 30 seconds or 1 minute
- 9 hoops in a square (3x3)
- 2 groups of 3
- everybody a vest/cloth
- every team their own color
- first 2 of each group sprint to the hoops
- put their cloth in a hoop
- run back and tag the next
- the goal is to get 3 in a row
- if everybody has done it 1x, no cloths with be left
- everybody runs one more time, and now you can move a cloth
- the winner is the one who has 3 in a row the first, OR who is back the first (winning the relay race 2x)
Back muscles. Lie down flat on the floor face down. Place your hands on your back, and slowly get up as far as you can. Breathe out when you get up, and breathe in when you lie down again. Keep your eyes on the floor. We do this exercise 20 times.
Stomach muscles. After the last exercise, we turn around and lie on our backs face upwards. Grab your partner and take place opposite him. Take a ball and throw it at the moment you clench both stomach muscles and get up. If this goes well, we increase the tempo
The upper leg combo consists of 3 exercises that can be done in sequence. Pairs are formed, and you do three exercises with your own pair.
3 minute squats, bend legs as if you sit down. Buttocks to the back, back straight. Slower lower (preferably in 90 degrees) and come back up again. keep hands before body. Knees must not move past the toes. When coming up, keep tension on the legs. In the lowest position, the ball is played back and forth to the partner
-2x2 minute Lunges, step with leg forward in 90 degree angle. Slowly bend your knees and come back up. Keep back straight and slowly lower so you can feel your buttocks. When you are in the lowest position, throw the ball to the opposite player in the same position. 2 minutes left leg, and 2 minutes the right leg.
- 4 minute Steppen, 4 minutes Stepping, place benches opposite each other and put 1 foot on the bench and back. Each time the same foot. Keep up for 2 minutes. Then change legs. Up and down...the last minute you jump on the bench with two feet at the same time. Throw the ball to the opposite player and he throws it back. If the one is on the bench to throw the ball, the other is on the ground and vice versa.
- 2x running
- 2x sideways
- 2x cross pass
- 2x heels-buttocks
- 2x knee lifting
- 10/15 seconds stomach/arm muscles
- 20 sit-ups
- 10 push-ups