Volleyball drills for all skills
- Warming up
- Ground exercises
- Set up in threes, chase the ball
- A to C, C to B, B setuo to C, C to A, A to B, B set up to A etc.
- Attacking three positions.
- Other side of the net, three blockers.
- Coach throws ball to libero.
- After attack: block position three.
- The one who blocked on position two or four: get ball and attack.
- Position three takes over that spot.
- Two teams on both sides.
- After every well played ball, turn in three.
- Pass obliquely if you don't have a complete team.
- Half of the team lined up at position 2.
- Other half of the team with ball at position 5.
- Just start throwing in and chasing the ball.
- Extend with passing at position 5 and overhand at position 2.
- Then expand further by adding exercises like blocking at the net, diving etc.
2 children and 1 towel
The children catch and throw the ball over the net. The towel is between both children. Opponent also has 2 children with 1 towel. Points are just like regular volleyball
- For fitness this is a good exercise:
- The group has to line up and you let them start dribbling slowly.
- As soon as the trainer blows the whistle, the last one in line should run forward.
- Do this until everyone has run and then let them finish the circle.
- All players stand outside the court behind the back line.
- They throw the ball up at their own pace/height and serve over the net.
- Extend: Practice targeted serving.
- Put 1 or 2 hoops in the field and let the players serve to them.
- You can practice with:
- Overhand serve
- Underhand serves
- Float serves
- Jump serve
- Making a circle,
- The circle always consists of pairs of players.
- In the middle of the circle there are exactly the number of balls minus 1.
- The players stand behind each other,
- At the start signal the player in the back jumps three times on the back of the player in front,
- After 3 times this player runs 2 rounds on the circle, crawls between the legs of his buddy and takes a ball,
- The last one to come has no ball.
- Lie on your back.
- Legs at 90° angle.
- Weight in each hand.
- Raise your arms.
- Extend left leg along with right arm.
- Extend right leg along with left arm.