Volleyball drills for all skills
Besides technique, communication is very important in volleyball. And both aspects apply to this exercise. And respond adequately to situations which are different than normal. In such an exercise you see very well how different players are.
3 players position for passing (numbers 3, 4 and 5). Player 2 is ready on the side of the same side. The other players are ready with the ball to serve on the other side.
- Player 1 serves the ball (and immediately walks back to where player 2 is standing).
- A player passes the ball. Another player sets up. And a third player plays the ball over the net. All three players have to play the ball, or pass, or set up, or attack
- When the ball is over the net, the players rotate: 2 enters the field (where 3 was standing) 3 goes to centre back, 4 goes to where 5 was standing, and 5 goes to the serving spot on the other side.
- Then the next player can serve, player 8 on the drawing etc.
- 4 balls
- 7-8 players
4 calmly attacks on 3 over the block of 1 and 2 - 3 passes to SV - 1 turns after block and attacks through middle - 4 blocks - 2 and 3 attack cover. Variant: idem on the left ; idem the right
- 1 and 2 hold the net - C plays ball in back field - 1 defends on 2 - 2 sets up on 1 - 1 hits to left or right back - 3 and 4 the next
Blocker has to watch attacker
- C sets up over the net to attacker 1 - Blocker 2 has to watch attacker for when to block. - 3 , 4 and 5 defend - 1 gets own ball, and 6 is the next attacker - change after 5 times Variant: 2 block
1 raise, pass to S
- S set-up at 3 meter on one of the passers
- idem other side
- serve from the side where the ball hits the ground
- The goal of the exercise is twofold: the defender must learn to 'read' where the attacker is going to hit and the attacker must look where the defence is before hitting.
- We work with two regular playmakers, on both sides of the field a row of attackers on the left-for position.
- And two defenders, who may choose where they position themselves on the field.
- A defender has to defend the attack 10 times, preferably a nice pass, but touching is enough.
- If the attacker hits the net or leaves the field, that also counts.
- And the attackers may only smash, no prick balls!
- After the attack, the attacker retrieves the ball and joins the other row.
- The attacker who defends the ball at the 10th time takes the place of the defender.
- The defender will then of course attack.
- 8 - 10 players
- enough balls
If there are less players, the exercise can also be done, but then on one side. The attacker retrieves the ball and joins the same line.
The blocker joins in, indicates where he is going to block and the mid-back goes to his place.
- Line-up of 6 on one side of the net.
- 1 player on position 1. Marit on 2, minke on 3, anne on 4, daniek on 5, Emma on 6
- On the other side 3 blockers and the rest will serve. As soon as you have served you start defending.
- Passing over the net oh/bh.
- Walk under the net around the pawns.
- Perform defensive actions while walking.
- Start on back line
- Walk to 3 meter line
- Move to the back line
- Walk to 3 meter line + offensive run
- Under the net
- 4x blocks with displacement
- Short pass sideways
- Roll backwards
- Walk to back line
- Return to starting point
First time: no command - just returnSecond
time: lift knees while returningThird
time: heels against seat while returningFourth
time: sideways movement facing curtainFifth
time: sideways movement facing wall