Volleyball drills for all skills
This exercise trains the split step.
- Players line up behind the back line.
- Trainer or player stands at the net.
- One by one the players walk in from the back line.
- When the trainer hits the ball, the player makes a split step.
- Then he gets the ball on a random spot next to or in front of him.
- Player passes back and retrieves ball if necessary.
- After that the player closes in at the back.
- Trainer with ball carrier at position 5/6.
- Players at 5 and other field also at 5 with 2 reserves.
- Trainer throws up the ball and the player hits that ball to position 5 on the other field.
- Player there passes the ball and the attacker tries to catch the ball.
- Passer joins behind with "attackers" and reserve becomes passer.
- "Attacker" becomes reserve.
- 30 sec Jumping Jacks
- 30 sec knee lifts
- 30 sec heels against buttocks
- 30 seconds bridge with 1 foot on ball
- 30 sec jump-lunge with ball between legs 30 sec skating jumps
- 30 seconds Russian-twist (feet off the floor)
- Build up from 25
Plank workout (3 minutes)
- 30 seconds normal plank
- 30 seconds of alternating left and right leg lifts
- 30 seconds of side plank on right side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds side plank on left side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds of normal plank 30 seconds of spiderman plank
- 2 x 1 minute (rest 20 seconds)
- 3 x 8 pylo-clap push-ups
:2 teams. 1 on each field.
Line up at 7 m intervals.
Front player has the ball.
: 1st ball is thrown over the net and the 1st player on that field plays the ball OH over the net again.
The direction does not matter.
Then the 2nd player is going to play this ball OH over the net as well.
All players rejoin behind their own line.
If the ball falls to the ground or into the net, a point is earned.
Immediately throw the ball over the net again.
At 15 points there is a winner.
When there are more players add extra tasks (like a block jump or a dive).
1 trio is on field A and 1 trio on field
B. On both fields one trio is on reserve
:Tr. "serves" the ball to field A: pass-set-up-attackOn
field B the ball is defended and caught in max 3 contactsBall
is placed in the ball pitAfter
the service pass the trio runs on to field B and becomes a reserveThe
trio on field A becomes a reserve on field A.
Immediately after the action the reserve trios enter the field.
: Now 2 trios on field
BLoop becomes: fitting trio becomes blocking trioBlocking
trio becomes defending trioThe
defending trio becomes reserve on field
AThe reserve on field A passes and attacks
- 2 trios, 1 on the service field and the other on the other side.
- Service, pass and attack on 3m (out of position).
- Defend and play with only 3m attacks.
- In case of more than one trio, rotate through.
- It is possible to have a reserve trio on each court.
- 3 teams serve each other calmly, A serves straight through
- Two defenders, B passes underhand to C
- C gives a set-up, preferably overhand and plays the ball back to B
- B plays the ball over the net
- After 5 good balls exchange
- From standing position move backwards and roll to center of field.
- Starting position defense - outside foot in front, on the line.
- Move to 7M and then roll to center of field.
- A few times without the ball, then with the ball.
- Ladder exercise.
- Sideways movement to between pos. 4 and 5, body turns towards attacker.
- Defence on attack.
- Variant ladder exercise:
- After defence, passer sets ball to pos 4 + attack.
- Pass can also go to blue player (attacker), white player then gets another free ball, on which she definitely gets the pass.
- After defence, the passer can play a move ball to either the white or the blue player, then pass to one of the two.
- Turn over:
- Defence => attack => ladder
- At least 2 reserve players on ladder and attack.
- In case of more players: add a block.