Volleyball drills for all skills
- Player stands with hoop near the net, can move a little but max 1 step.
- Trainer stands on the backline with a row of players with the ball next to him.
- Trainer throws the ball randomly into the field and the player puts it in the hoop.
- Make it more and more difficult.
- Three defenders in the field
- One person who catches
- Rest: serve
- Strikes follow each other quickly
- Each person in the field must make 5 perfect receptions to the receiver.
- Catcher determines if the reception is good
- When a defender has made 5 perfect receptions, he becomes a catcher and the catcher starts to serve
- Make two teams.
- Set up a two benches one person sits on the bench.
- Other on the other side of the net who are going to serve to the person on the bench when the ball is caught 1 point and then switch persons.
- Trainer starts, plays ball to passers, libero, left back, right back. 2/3 players
- Good pass to regular SV. 1 player
- Row of strikers, attack pass and smash 2/3 players
- Try to defend the rest of the balls, and put them in the ball bin.
- After 5 minutes turn over, also other SV (player 1, 2 and 3)
- Other side of the field, players block and libero defends block.
- Ladder exercise
- Sideways movement back and forth between 2 cones (low pass stance)
- Bench: rv up - lv up - rv down - lv down (can be stepping or jumping)
- Throw ball against wall (lying on stomach) with elbows off the mat
- Jumping back and forth over the rope (2 feet together) -> small jumps -> fast
- Hurdles: lowest position and jump over them with 2 feet
- Bench: lie on your belly and pull yourself forward with your arms
- Jumping rope
- Stomach exercises: with stretched legs and feet over a big pawn each time
- Swinging jump over a bench
- Ladder exercise
- Pass the ball through the basket
- In each hand a tennis ball - arms sideways (90 degrees with body) and then squeeze the tennis ball
- Hang up the net at about 1,50 m.
- Work with 4 players, 2 on each side of the net.
- Player smashes the ball down, pass to player at the net
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row on the right back
- 1 SV
- create with 3 pawns a virtual line where they should stand
- Player stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS orI (agree on this) and plays the ball to SV
- This one calls new SV
- SV takes ball and puts ball in ball pit
- SV joins one of the rows
- Extension 1:
- Setter plays ball back briefly to player who did not pass, pass back to setter
- Setter hits ball (calmly) to player who did not pass
Two rows on the 3m line, edge of the field.
- Pass the ball in a zigzag and follow through.
- Overhand pass
- 1 player overhead, 1 player underhand
- In the lower hands 1x for yourself, pass in the upper hands
- Mandatory 1x for yourself, controlled pass
- Trainer throws the ball to the midfielder
- He passes to SV
- SV gives setup
- Striker plays the ball SLIMLY overthe net
- so just over the net
- Or in the back of the field in the corners
- Attacker hates the ball and puts it with trainer (in the box)
- Everybody turns 1 spot (runs after their own ball)
- If necessary put hoops (= opponents) where they do not have to play.
- Give instructions all the time