Volleyball drills for all skills
- 3x trio
- 2 threes play regular rally, also start with service.
- on the other side 3 players handle the service, and deliberately play a high underhand ball.
- team on the other side has to handle the ball by running well, the 2 outfielders have to go backwards, the passer calls loose, the midfielder calls high ball, and distributes the game.
- The 2 outfield players have already made a few steps to the back to assist with the high ball, and are thus ready to attack.
- Five players at the net with a ball...
- 2 on pos, 2 --- 1 on pos. 3 --- 2 on pos.4
- Rest without the ball on position 5
- Pos. 2 hits the first defender on pos. 5, who runs in for a defensive ball on pos. 6 and with a shuffle to pos.
- 1 to defend a batted ball from pos. 4.
- Pos 2 and 4 take turns hitting.
- Defenders continue to defend.
- Trainer throws ball, player catches ball and puts it in the cart.
- After this the player goes to the ladder. Here he goes through it and joins the next row.
- Throwing the ball in a difficult way (left and right, front and back).
- Playing underhand and catching for themselves.
- Two players stand ready next to each other and have to call loose.
- A setupper comes on and has to catch the underhand ball.
- An attacker arrives and has to play the ball from the setupper over the net.
Players enter the field in pairs (or trios). Each pair or trio has a ball.
- Ball is hit into the field by one duo or trio.
- The others try to pass the ball on in 3 contacts.
- If the ball is played to the player who is already holding the ball, this player must throw the ball to another player.
- Goal = 10 points.
- Same principle as in the first exercise; but this time the ball must be overplayed with the ball they already hold.
- (Bounce/push the ball against the ball). Goal = 10 points
- 3 players are ready to catch the serve, 1 player stands in the front middle where the passer is standing.
- The rest of the players at the back line with a ball.
- They are going to serve and the 3 players have to play the ball to the one in the front center.
- Save outside or ladder and pump 10 times, the passer may not leave the hoop.
- If the player does the reception and can catch the passer without leaving the hoop, they have a point.
- Reception player --> pass --> save. The first one to get 10 points wins.
- 2 groups run a course between a pillon running line.
- Trainer builds route. Zigzag with pawns.
- first calm dribble, touching the pylon
- Side-step, touching the pylon
- Cross pass, touch the pylon
- Run to the pylon, 3x jumping jack at the pylon
- Run to pilar, 5x block jump
- Run towards the pylon, just before the pylon, attack pass and jump
- calm dribble, circle around the pylon (keep touching the pylon)
- Short explanation step 1 diving:
- Make a large step towards the ball. Pay attention the step has to be big and sideways, otherwise the knee is in the way.
- Same, but after the step you have to make a pass move and put your hands on the ground as a spring or cushion.
- idem, then glide on calmly by pushing off with feet and hands.
- Try with a small run
Lay the ball down in front of you, and during the pass move, grab the ball and throw it up
Try to fit a throw-in into the downward movement. Sliding through.
- 6 players on the opposite side of the field just play out the rally.
- On this side of the field the players are lined up on 2 and 4
- Trainer plays the ball up a few times in front of himself, so that the players do not know when it will come.
- They have to look good to be able to time the ball.
- Then the player attacks.
- In today's exercise, the following techniques will be used: serving, attacking, passing and distributing.
- However, the emphasis is on the pass and the distribution.
- The players have to watch, think well and react adequately during this exercise.
The diagram looks more complicated than the exercise is. The exercise goes as follows (I keep the numbering of the red numbers):
- 1 player 3 serves
- 2a one of the two playmakers runs to the position at the right front (the playmakers take turns)
- 2b one of the two passers (in this case player 2) passes the ball to the right front side
- 2c player 3 (who has just served) runs to the backline of the other half of the game
- 3 the server gives a setup to the player who did NOT pass. A setup to the centre if player 2 has passed and a setup to the outside if player 1 has passed.
- 4+5 the player who did not pass attacks (in this case player 1)
- 6a the attacker retrieves his own batted ball and joins the back of the line of serves.
- 6b the attacker's place is taken by the first player in the row behind the court.
As soon as the ball is struck the next service is executed.