Volleyball drills for all skills
- player 1 stands pos. 3 SV
- players stand in line, throw ball to SV
- this player plays the BH to the throwing player,
- this player plays the BH far over the net,
- ball is caught by the player,
- everybody except SV keeps on running after the ball.
- Player 3 stands on different spots on the field.
- On a mat. pos. 4/5 and 6
- One player stands in the middle of the field,
- three/four players stand around it.
- These players must get the ball to the one player, making it as difficult as possible.
- Important technique is underhand/overhand and I-call.
- Coach is on top,
- 4 ladies on defense.
- Coach hits ball over net.
- The ladies only defend, the rest collect balls.
- Have team line up individually with ball facing wall in center of room.
- Practice for a few minutes with overhand serving.
- Pay attention to a tight hand, stepping out, straight back and throwing up the ball.
- One player at the net, the other on the 7-metre line.
- The one at the net throws a short ball on the 3-meter line, then on the 7-meter line and so on.
- First catch and throw the ball, if this goes well, you can continue to play.
- Important that they stand still during the pass and do not wave their arms.
- Three players at the net with ball.
- Take turns to throw a ball to the passer,
- who moves up one person at a time.
Some variations on the well known butterfly...:
- Service-pass-catch on SU-position, running after the ball.
- As everyone is chasing his/her ball, each player has a different task, but if desired, a player can have a fixed position.
- Variation 1:
- The SU plays a set-up to position 4, where an attacker stands to play a (placed) attack on the receiver.
- The rotation then becomes: Service -passer -upper - attacker - off-side - service etc.
- Variation 2:
- the fixed SU plays a ball to a receiver 'somewhere' in the field, who makes himself known by calling 'here'.
- The SU learns to react on sound, the receiver learns to communicate his position.
- Variation 3:
- The fixed SU plays the pass backwards to position 2, where the receiver, after an attacking movement, catches the ball and starts serving.
- In the diagram is variation 1
1. Players play ball over net to position 1, pass back.
2. Passer runs around 1st pawn for a second pass (turn in/arms tilt)
3. Passer runs around 2nd pawn and defends ball from trainer (smash or place ball) and retrieves ball and connects with players (A).
:- pass to (A) over the net-
at position 2/3 pass to 2, catch ball and put it in ballcarrier-
passer 2x + defend and fetch ball-
pass to (A).
Blockboard at position 4 - street (two squares next to the antenna) - cone on 3 meter line
- Lene at position 3
- Receptionist at position 5 and attacker at position 4
- Attacker joins reception
Trainer passes ball to reception player
- Reception to setter
- Walk around cone
- Solve ball to play over net
Bad reception = compulsory play in block board
- Position 5 takes cover
- Play ball back to setter
- Pass and attack