Volleyball drills for all skills
- Diagonally on position 2 and 5 a row of players.
- Ball is passed to the BH.
- From position 2 a centre block and an outside block on 4 -
- On position 4 you wait for the next player for a 2 man block.
- Afterwards to 5
- When you have played on 5, you get a ball on position 1, which is thrown to you by the trainer.
- Then in line at 2
- 2 groups, field in half lengthwise.
- Side A left 2 servers,
- Side B left 2 passers, 1 SV and 1 attacker.
- After serving, server walks into the court and chooses position other server ready for next ball.
- Pass to SV set-up
- Attacker makes correct run and jump and plays ball BH to server. Then next ball.
- On 5 occasions correct - 5 times tactical ball - task server on 3m line.
- When 3 times correct - 2 times hard attack straight ahead.
- Then turn except for SV.
- Two passers - two SV
- Attackers position 4
- Blocker 2 centre and 1 outside.
- Outside blocker indicates position.
- Center connects.
- Blockers turn around.
- Offenders retrieve ball.
- Coach plays ball.
Hitting on the outside and the middle
Except for the playmaker, the other players perform successively a reception, an attack block and a defence.
The exercise goes as follows:
- 1 player 1 hits a technical ball to player 7
- 2a player 7 passes the ball to the play distributor
- 2b player 1 walks to the other line and closes at the back.
- 3 the play dealer gives a setup to player 6
- 4 player 6 smashes the ball on the line or diagonally
- 5 player 6 retrieves his batted ball himself
- 6 player 6 serves the ball to the other mat
- 7 player 6 retrieves his own ball
- 8 player 6 joins row
- This can also be done with a middle attack
After 10 minutes a block is added
HIGH KNEE hug -->Tuck your knee up with your arms towards your chest and stretch your other leg towards your toe
QUAD STRETCH --> FOOT TO BUTTOCKS WITH HELP OF OPPOSITE ARM AND STRETCH OTHER ARM IN THE AIR AND OPPOSITE LEG ON YOUR TOE
Toes in, toes out --> walk high on your toes, with toes in and toes out
Karaoke --> cross step, doing the front cross step high
Toy soldier --> arms straight out in front of you, swing up with stretched leg
ATLAS --> PULL YOUR KNEE UP WITH YOUR ARM AND STRETCH YOUR OTHER LEG ON YOUR TOE, STEP OUT WITH A BIG STEP AND BEND YOUR KNEE, SWING YOUR ARM UP AND TURN YOUR TORSO TO THE BACK
Speed skater --> big jump sideways with bent knee to the left, rest for a moment and then to the right
1) From a standing position straight up blocks2
) 1 man block with lateral displacement3
) 1 man block with cross pass4
) 1 man with ball
In sets of 2, the person at the net always remains standing, the players at the back move on.
Construction of the exercises:
- Throwing with both hands
- Throwing with left/right hand
- Throwing with bats
- Technical hitting with bots
- Keys with intermediate test
- Hand control + keys
- Underhand control + technical attack
- Directly underhand control/key/attack
- Person at the net keys - person at the back underhand
- Person at the net control key + attack - person at the back defend
- Twos - 1 ball length of field.
- Back line has ball.
- The person at the net blocks twice.
- Then BH played on 3 mtr line BH back.
- Attacking run LRL for right handers with jump.
- Then ball on 3 mtr line OH back.
- Afterwards 2x blocking.
Divide the players into 2 teams. Each team stands on one side of the net.
- On each side of the net there are a number of balls (depending on the size of the group you can add or subtract balls).
- The idea is that the players, once the starting signal is given, throw as many balls as possible to the other side.
- The team that has the most balls on its side of the net at the end of the game has lost.
- Each player may only play one ball at a time to the other side!
Variations for playing over/under the net:
- Roll with 2 arms
- Roll with 1 arm
- Overhead throw with 2 arms
- Overhead throw with stroke arm
- Overhand throw with non batting arm
- Bounce with 2 arms in front of the net so that the ball flies over the net after the bounce
- Bounce under the net (2 arms, later 1 arm, batting arm)