Volleyball drills for all skills
- 3 teams serve each other calmly, A serves straight through
- Two defenders, B passes underhand to C
- C gives a set-up, preferably overhand and plays the ball back to B
- B plays the ball over the net
- After 5 good balls exchange
- 2 trios, 1 on the service field and the other on the other side.
- Service, pass and attack on 3m (out of position).
- Defend and play with only 3m attacks.
- In case of more than one trio, rotate through.
- It is possible to have a reserve trio on each court.
1 trio is on field A and 1 trio on field B.
On both fields one trio is on reserve
Trainer with the balls is on field B.
Tr. "serves" the ball to field A: pass-set-up-attack
On field B the ball is defended and caught in max 3 contacts
Ball is placed in the ball pit
After the service pass the trio runs on to field B and becomes a reserve
The trio on field A becomes a reserve on field A.
Immediately after the action the reserve trios enter the field.
Now 2 trios on field B
Loop becomes: fitting trio becomes blocking trio
Blocking trio becomes defending trio
The defending trio becomes reserve on field A
The reserve on field A passes and attacks
2 teams. 1 on each field.
Line up at 7 m intervals.
Front player has the ball.
1st ball is thrown over the net and the 1st player on that field plays the ball overhand over the net again.
The direction does not matter.
Then the 2nd player is going to play this ball overhand over the net as well.
All players rejoin behind their own line.
If the ball falls to the ground or into the net, a point is earned.
Immediately throw the ball over the net again.
At 15 points there is a winner.
When there are more players add extra tasks (like a block jump or a dive).
- 30 sec jumping jacks
- 30 sec knee lifts
- 30 sec heels against buttocks
- 30 sec bridge with 1 foot on ball
- 30 sec jump-lunge with ball between legs 30 sec skating jumps
- 30 sec Russian-twist (feet off the floor)
- Build up from 25
Plank workout (3 minutes)
- 30 seconds normal plank
- 30 seconds of alternating left and right leg lifts
- 30 seconds of side plank on right side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds side plank on left side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds of normal plank 30 seconds of spiderman plank
- 2 x 1 minute (rest 20 seconds)
- 3 x 8 pylo-clap push-ups
- Trainer with ball carrier at position 5/6.
- Players at 5 and other field also at 5 with 2 backups.
- Trainer throws the ball up and the player hits that ball to position 5 on the other field.
- Player there passes the ball and the attacker tries to catch the ball.
- Passer joins behind with "attackers" and backup becomes passer.
- "Attacker" becomes backup.
This exercise trains the split step.
- Players line up behind the back line.
- Trainer or player stands at the net.
- One by one the players walk in from the back line.
- When the trainer hits the ball, the player makes a split step.
- Then they get the ball on a random spot next to or in front of him.
- Player passes back and retrieves ball if necessary.
- After that the player closes in at the back.
- Purpose of the exercise:
- To focus, communicate, master the task and persevere.
- At "A" and above, with fewer people on the field for more intensity.
- Explanation of the exercise:
- 'Chaos Easy' starts as a warm-up, but ends in a true battle.
- The players are placed in the field (it doesn't matter where).
- The ball is caught and immediately thrown over the net (one play).
- As the player catches, he throws the ball.
- When a player has thrown the ball, he/she goes to a wall (back of the field or on the side) and taps it, then comes back into the field.
- The other players on the team have moved forward one spot.
- You notice how difficult it is to score.
- When someone throws the wrong ball (into the net or out), they have to sprint around the opponent's field.
- Duration of the exercise:
- 5-10 minutes.
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- Create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand behind.
- Trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- One of the two players in the front of the line calls out LOS orIK (let's agree).
- This player passes ball to p2/3.
- The non-passer catches the ball on p2/3.
- The receiver returns the ball to the trainer.
- Both players join in the other row.