Volleyball drills for all skills
2 groups of 3 players
- 1 bench at position 5 - about 6 meters
- 1 chair at position 2 - about 3 meters line
Players pass to the bench: on the bench on the right is 1 point
- Strikes from 3 meter line: 10 points
- Displays from 5 to 6 meter line: 10 points
- Fouls from the back line: 10 points
If a pass is hit from the left side of the bench, from the outside next to the field or from behind the field; the person who saved the pass sits on the chairOr else
players must first free the player from the chair
2 mats on 3m line - 2 mats on 5m line - 2 hoops on back line - 1 korfball pole in the middle of the field at the back
2 groups of 3 people:
- A: 1 person on 3m line with ball
- B: 1 person on mat on 3 meter line
- C: 1 person on mat on 5 meter line
- A throws the ball over to C and C does the reception
- C plays reception to B
- B touches C who in the meantime has gone to the hoop and is standing in the hoop
- C touches up to B
- B tries to punch in the basket
- The players on the mat may not take their foot off the mat
- The player in the hoop is allowed to move a maximum of 1 foot out of the hoop
- Point is scored when ball falls into basket or hits the basket from above.
- 6 players on one side of the net.
- 1 playmaker on the other side at right back
- 3 strikers +Tim as passer
- Joël throws in balls to Tim.
- Tim passes the ball to the playmaker, who chooses which attacker to pass to. The attacker can choose whether to hit or to place a passed ball behind the block.
starting position by showing chalk drawings on the ground for defending.
- 3 people in the backfield,
- the coach stands at the net
- and the ball has to be played to the coach.
- deep in the back,
- hard balls
- and soft balls.
- The ball may be played in 2x.
- Ball is served.
- Pass by 1/5/6.
- Set-up by 1, but on a first pass by 1 set-up by 2.
- After set-up an attack by 2/3/4, but on a set-up by 2 only an attack by 3/4.
- After service 2 (or more) players walk into the court to play.
- Ball/ralley is played all the way out.
- NB: FOCUS IS ON THE SERVICE PASS!
The bootcamp consists of different parts. Each part is performed for 1 minute and then there is 30 seconds rest and time to switch parts.
- Sprint between pawns 6 meters apart
- Jump over and then under the bridge
- Jumping jacks
- all the players sit in a circle on one half
- everyone has a ball
- keep your legs stretched above the ground
- 1st exercise = everyone passes the ball to the left
- 2nd drill = everyone passes the ball to the right
- 3rd exercise = do the same with a couple of "medizin" balls or 1 or 2 "medizin" balls in between
- now in plank position or push-up position
- 1st exercise = everyone rolls the ball under themselves to the next player through / left around
- 2nd exercise = everyone rolls the ball under themselves to the next player through / right around
- 3rd exercise = now the ball may also be rolled to another player e.g. to the other side
Warming up / all-round training
Each player will pass, attack, distribute, block, defend, rally, with turnovers.
- Trainer stands with cart with balls at the pole at #2 (position 2)
- Players stand outside the field at the side of #1 and a playmaker at # 2/3
- First round starts with Trainer throwing the ball to #5, player 1 runs from the sideline to the ball and plays it to the distributor.
- Start with "blue players" (see drawing), then extend with "red players
Further course of play:
- Tr throws ball for S1 to #5
- S1 runs in and plays to Sv (#2/3)
- Sv gives setup to the outside (#4)
- S1 attacks.
- Turn over: S1 becomes Sv, Sv gets the ball and joins the line at #1.
- Sv turns to the other side of the net and becomes a blocker.
Now the same steps as above, but with the block opposite the attacker.
- Turn over: S1 (has just attacked) becomes Sv at #2/3, Sv
passes under the net and becomes B1 at #2B1
who, after blocking, goes to get the ball and joins the row.
- After blocking at #2, player goes to defend at #5. Attacker is obliged to pass to #5.
- When the ball is defended a rally may be played (2 vs. 2)
- After end of rally or no defence or fault in attack, turn over
Extend 3 and more
- One can extend with a 2nd blocker, 2nd and 3rd defender (on resp. #1 and #6)
- More players can be added to field I (so players from the sideline move in when a rally arises)
- The passing game becomes S1 (passing and attacking) -> Sv -> B1 (#3) -> B2 (#2) -> V1 (#1) -> V2 (#6) -> V3 (#5) possibly A2 (#4) and then connect again.
- You can expand to 6 against 6, so start with blue, then B1, then B2, then V1, then V2 (when continuing the game, first V2 and then V1), then V3 (continuing the game with V2, V3, V1) and then possibly A1. In the meantime, players in field I must be added.
- If there are several players in Area I, you can choose to throw in a ball on S1 at #5 instead of throwing in a ball through Tr.
- B has the ball.
- B throws the ball in a curve to A and A passes the ball back.
- Then A runs forward to pass a short ball.