Volleyball drills for all skills
- Player 1 throws the ball to player 3, who defends it underhand to person 2.
- Person 2 throws the ball to 3, who defends it to person 1 (so defend it diagonally every time).
- First throw everything (player 1 and 2, after that everything BH, after that technical hit).
- The players all stand side by side at the net
- with their faces turned to the net
- and in the proper position to want to block,
- so elbows and hands at the right height.
- The coach throws a ball from the other side of the net to the players and they each take their turn to block their thrown ball.
- On each side a row of attackers.
- All have a ball, except the one at the net.
- At the same time throw the ball to the other side and pass the ball from the other side.
- After a while throw the ball from the middle to the right side and pass it again.
- After passing catch the ball.
Three in a row on the back line.
Trainer throws ball. Players walk into the field.
- gives set-up
Now the trainer calls a number, 1, 2, or 3 and he has to play first.
The player behind takes the second ball and so on.
- Everyone ball and distribute along two sides of the net.
- Gather at the right post
- Block displacement with one small step: during the block balls tap each other
- After the first move, switch sides
- Block move with one big step: during the block balls tap each other
- Move the block with two small steps in a row: during the block, balls tap each other.
- Block displacement with two big steps: during the block balls tap each other
- Block displacement with first small step and then big step: during the block balls tap each other
- Block displacement with an exit: during the block balls tap each other
Blockers 1 and 2 start on positions 2 and 4. Blocker 3 at position 3
Blockers 1, 2 and 3 block when trainer says 'YES'.
Blocker at position 3 move to the right (position 2)
And together with blocker at position 2 make a perfect closed block.
Other blocker moves to the middle.
Blocker at position 4, 3 and 2 block when trainer says 'YES'.
Blocker at position 3 moves to the left (position 4)
And together with blocker at position 4 create a perfect closed block.
Libero on position 6 Setter on position 3 2 Waiters on position 1 - if waiter misses, the waiter is called back. 1 receptionist on position 5 1 libero on position 6 1 setter on position 3 1 attacker on position 2 1 blocker on position 4
1 serves to 2 and libero to 6
2 makes reception to setter and gives back pass to 3
3 attacks straight ahead or tips short - server defends attack/tip from 3
After the serve server (1) starts defending on position 5 - libero stays in place
Rotation: server -> receiver -> attacker -> block -> reserve server
- 3 players on 1 side of the net on 3m line
- the other 3 in a row also on the 3m line on the other side of the net.
- Player 1 leaves and goes to block on position 2,
- on the other side she receives a ball from a player on the 3m line, which she will block.
- Then the player moves with cross pass to the middle, there she will also block a ball thrown to her.
- Finally, she receives a ball at position 4 and blocks it there as well.
- While one player is already blocking in the middle, the next one can already start at position 2
- After a number of times, you can switch
- Coach throws in balls to players starting from the 3m line.
- Coach throws balls deep in the court and players will have to learn to defend overhead.
- It is a matter of moving quickly
- (Keeping hands ready so the ball can be BH'd if necessary).