Volleyball drills for all skills
- Thick mat against the net
- Batting from one side of the net
- Block defense on the ball coming from the mat
- Defense on the short ball which comes over the mat
- Short ball is processed into pass, setup, jump ball back
- 1 set upper, 1 catcher at the basket, the rest pass.
- Trainer throws ball to passer
- Set up tries to score in the basket.
- In basket = 2 point
- edge = 1 point
- Catcher puts ball in basket.
- Make two teams.
- One of each team goes to the other side. This one sits on his buttocks on position 1.
- He serves, the ball must be caught.
- After that move to position 2, 3, 4, 5.
- The team that catches the ball first at position 5 has won.
Emphasis is on technique OH, so start with throwing the ball, if this goes well you can switch to key, attack or serve.
- R1 throws the ball over to R2
- R2 passes OH the ball to P2 (can be placed on a mat, where he/she is not allowed to get off) (comes into BH position)
- P2 passes BH to A2
- A2 passes to R1
- R1 passes OH the ball to P1 (may be placed on a mat, which he/she is not allowed to leave) (enters BH position)
- P1 passes BH to A1
- A1 plays to R2
- Trainer plays ball to passer
- Passer gives BH pass to attacker
- Attacker plays to the predetermined zones by means of a BH
Turn after every ball
Exercise can be made more difficult by placing a defence (block)
Exercise to control the reception movement:
per 2 players a ball + hoop
- player A throws the ball in arc to player B with hoop
- Player B tries to estimate where the ball will fall by putting down the hoop.
Points of attention:
- Correct reception position
- sinking through the knees
You can extend the exercise by playing reception with the hoop leaning on the ground.
- One side
- Thrower at mid-back
- Blocker/setter at right forward
- (extension: player at left back / player at right back)
- Other side
- Passer left, halfway 3m - back line
- Throw to passer
- Pass, set pointer over the block
- Midfielder enters, and defends to setupper
- Jump ball diagonally (extra player at left back)
- Prick-ball/shot straight through deep back (extra player at right back)
- Attack through the middle
- Attack over left
- In each field
- thrower on the 3m line
- (total 6 players, extra players reserve 1 extra per position)
- Passing, catching and throwing underhands
- Chasing the ball
- Extend with:
- Pass the ball at the top of the line
- Catcher gives short ball back on 3m line, passer runs in
- Passer moves back, catcher touches the ball gently.
- Team positioning
- PLAYER serves ball. (STORAGE)
- Team defends, gives a set up and attack.
- Then trainer throws ball into field again. (FREE BALL = other passer)
- Players must be able to change quickly in the field and know where they must stand.