Volleyball drills for all skills
- Jump as far as you can from a standing position with your feet next to each other.
- Measure the distance from the line of touch to the heel.
- Lie on your back.
- Bend your knees to 90 degrees and place both feet flat on the floor.
- Your arms are along your body with the palms facing down.
- Tighten your buttocks and stomach.
- Lift your buttocks off the ground to form a straight line with your knees, hips and shoulders.
- To make this exercise more difficult: alternately extend your right and left leg, keeping your hips in position.
- Start from a standing position with your feet together and holding the medicine ball close to your chest.
- Step out with one foot until the knee has an angle of 90°.
- You should now have a gap between your legs through which the ball can pass
- Pass the ball through your legs into your other hand
- Depending on the length of your arms, you may have to bend forwards slightly to do this
- Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise with the other leg. Repeat 5 - 15 times per leg, building up slowly.
- Muscle group: buttocks and legs
- Intensity: low/average
- Duration: 3 - 6 minutes
- Start with 3 laps around the entire field.
- After that short exercise on sprinting.
- All run behind each other with about one and a half meter in between.
- At the start signal the last one leaves and sprints to the front along the outside of the group (while they continue to run), when the player in front is calling yes, the last one may leave again.
- When the player at the front of the group is in front of you, he shouts yes and then the last one may leave again.
- We make a square of benches with +/- 15 balls in it.
- 2 players go into the square and the rest of the players stand around it.
- The players in the square get 60 seconds to throw as many balls as possible out of the square, it is up to the other players to throw as many balls back into the square.
- After the 60 seconds the balls in the square are counted and then it's up to the next 2 players.
- (In between there is a rest period of about 60 seconds).
- The duo that has the least balls in the square at the end has won.
- The others do a punishment (for example clean up the balls and the benches.
- 5 (or minus 4) players per side of the field, with 1 ball.
- 4 players stand in the field and 1 player stands at the back line with the ball.
- The 4 players in the field are lined up and the player at the back line of the other side is going to pass the ball over the net (overhand or underhand does not matter for this exercise, but the ball must be over the net!)
- The players are going to defend this ball to the player who gives the pass (this one is run in from position 1).
- This player catches the ball above his head and gives a high pass.
- The ball is caught at the net (no attacking).
- The ball then goes to the server.
- The same exercise is done but now with the other side of the court. After this it is back to the first side to serve.
- So there is one place rotated.
- After a while the same exercise can be done with an attack (key over the net) where it is important that when the attack is done over the net player 1 and 3 exchange places!!!!!!!
- All players take a ball (except 2 players).
- The 2 players without the ball both stand in the middle on one side of the net.
- The other players all line up at position 4,
- the first player throws his ball/or touches in a good intention towards the player who gives the pass.
- The first player throws his ball/or key in a good intention to the player who gives the pass.
- The ball is caught and this player continues to the other side of the net.
- This player does the same while the second player can already set up at the first pass.
- When all players have been through both passeurs they will be exchanged.
- Until everyone has passed. (If this works well after a few practice sessions, you can then build up to a possible attack as well!)
- The group is divided into pairs.
- They stand in front of each other in pump-up position.
- They do handshake
- right/right, left/left
- high five right/left, left/right
- The team is divided into 2 groups (4 according to the amount of players).
- team 1 = storage team
- team 2 = catch team
- Team 1 serves 1 for 1.
- They start close to the net and when they succeed they can move further and further away.
- Team 2 forms a line on the opposite side behind the back line.
- When player 1 of team 1 serves, player 1 of team 2 comes in the field to catch the ball.
- He catches the ball and walks outside the square to team 1 to serve and joins the back of the line.
- The server walks outside the square to team 2 to catch the ball and joins the back of the line.