Volleyball drills for all skills
- Dumbbell torso rotation is good exercise for improving core rotational speed.
- First of all, you need to prepare a dumbbell. Initially, you need to hold a dumbbell in the right hand.
- After that, you should touch the ground in front of the left foot. Now, it's time for you to explode from low to high.
- Finally, you'll have the dumbbell above the head on the right side.
Pay attention in the exercises:
- Pass must come high so player can catch the ball 'overhand'.
- Pass to the right, right foot forward
- Pass to the left, left foot forward
- Eyes" of the shoulders in the direction of play
- 3 pairs with 1 ball.
- 1 and 2 stand next to each other, not too close to the net.
- 3 faces 1 in the back of the court.
- 1 throws straight at 3 and 3 passes diagonally to 2.
- 2 catches and throws straight on to 3 and 3 passes diagonally to 1.
- So 3 moves around all the time.
Four exercises are set out, which are completed in time. The teams collect points. After the 4 exercises a mini tournament is played, where all teams play against each other.
- Exercise 1. This is done together. All teams do the same exercise at the same time. Two players lie side by side on their stomachs behind the back line. Number one of the team jumps up and runs to the net. When nr.1 is lying on his belly, nr.2 can leave.
- Exercise 2. No. 1 hits with smash the ball via the ground and the wall to no. 2. No. 1 stands behind a line with two pawns, no. 2 stands on the mat.
- Exercise 3. Nr. 1 serves from behind the 7 meter line, to nr. 2. Nr. 2 passes the ball to himself and plays immediately with an overhand ball the ball over the net to nr. 1. Every good ball that is caught is 1 point. After 2 minutes you can change.
- Exercise 4. No. 1 runs with the ball to the net, from a pylon, passes the ball under the net to No. 2. No. 2 runs with the ball in her hands to her own pilar and back again. Nr.2 then throws the ball over the net to nr.1. Nr.1 runs to her own pilon, and returns to pass the ball under the net. Etc.
- team 1 - team 2 5 minutes
- team 3 - team 4 5 minutes
- team 1 - team 3 5 minutes
- team 2 - team 4 5 minutes
- team 1 - team 4 5 minutes
- team 2 - team 3 5 minutes
followed by possibly a big game.
What you need:
- Exercise 2. mat and 2 pawns, some balls
- Exercise 3. some balls and antenna makes smaller field.
- Exercise 4. single balls and aerial
- 2 teams at the net with 1 ball each
- 1p without ball behind the backline lying flat on belly.
- Attacker hits ball, defender defends on 7 meter line,
- then short ball on 3 meter line.
- The players start by throwing the ball over, close to the net (within 3 m).
- After throwing the ball, each player walks around the pawn at about 5 m and to the other side.
- One of the players then decides how the ball will be passed and how the players will move around the pawn.
- The other players imitate this player.
- Stand in pairs by a wall,
- one throws, the other catches.
- If you want to make it more difficult, use a tennis ball
- Per 5 children there is one ticker with a (soft) ball.
- He tries to throw all children off with the ball.
From one side of the hall to the other side of the hall like a certain animal.
- The teacher sets out three areas of approximately equal size with pawns.
- It is best to use the volleyball lines (see map).
- There are three sections (see map):
- Left: barons square (losers square)
- Centre: princes section (neutral section)
- Right: king of the court (winner section)
- All students stand in the middle section.
- With a signal from the teacher the game starts.
- All pupils have to try to tap/strike the ball of another pupil out of the box.
- If you succeed you move one square to the right.
- If your ball is knocked away you move up one square to the left.
- If you hit/tap someone's ball out of the box on the right you score a point.
- If your ball is knocked out of the winner's box you lose all your points.
- If your ball is knocked out of the left box nothing happens and you stay standing.
- When the teacher gives the final signal the person with the most points is king of the court and he/she has won.