Volleyball drills for all skills
- Put 6 hoops down, on the 6 positions. (P1 t/m 6).
- Make 2 fair teams, easiest is from 4 players per team.
- One person from each team starts in the hoop at position 1.
- The rest of the team stands with a ball on the other side of the hoop, behind the back line and vice versa.
- As soon as the trainer indicates it, both teams start serving on the hoops.
- The person standing in the hoop tries to catch the service without stepping out of the hoop.
- When a service is caught, the person who served the ball moves to position 2, to catch the ball in the hoop.
- The person who was in position 1 goes to his own backline to serve.
- The team that catches the ball first at position 6 is the winner.
- Important is to concentrate on a good service every time.
- The goal of this exercise is to tactically put away or hit the ball.
- This by means of a tap ball on midmid, or a ball deep on position 1.
- By using baskets you can create a 'constant' block, which eventually can be replaced by a real block.
- The pawns at position 1 can best be replaced by a cupboard, over which the ball must fall, over the 'defender'.
- The trainer hits a ball, or plays a ball in, which is first passed to the distributor,
- the playmaker gives a set-up to the outside.
- The attacker decides whether to try a short passed ball at midmid (where there is a hoop),
- or looks for position 1 with a hit or a fast overhand ball.
- Play fanatically in pairs
- Make long series.
- Is that going well?
- Try to hit the ball quietly every now and then.
- Coach throws from the net:
- 3 players on the backline on their stomachs.
- Trainer hits the ball,
- 3 players stand up and trainer attacks/plays.
- Nr. 1 of the trio defends,
- No. 2 sets up and
- No. 3 attacks
- then next 3 team
- One player is tagged.
- When you are tagged, sit against the wall with one arm up. NOTE: legs in an angle of 90 degrees.
- When someone sits on your lap (=toilet) and "pulls" on your arm, you are free again.
- Change your ticker regularly.
- 2 Teams against each other
- Exercise set 1
- 4x sprint over 1 half of field
- 10x situps
- 30 seconds planks
- 10x jump on the bench with both feet next to each other
- Exercise set 2
- 10x BH turn catch
- 10x BH OH sit catch
- 10x BH catch over net
- 40x service against the wall and catch
- Make three pairs
- the middle one plays backwards.
- All on the back line
- two walk to the net
- make a block jump
- and go backwards again
- the coach puts the ball in play
- and they set up an attack.
- 2 players on 5
- 3 players on 3
- 3 players out of 4
- Trainer throws the ball to 5, they pass to 3 in turn, they play BH Set Up to 4 attack.
- Players on 4 retrieve the ball. After 6 attacks turn around and chase the ball.
- Variation. SV starts from position 4 or 2, runs to 3 for the Set Up.