Volleyball drills for all skills
- The coach places a ball on the halfway line.
- On both sides of the net stands a team behind the backline.
- The players must try, by throwing/rolling balls against the ball on the half way line, to get the ball over the back line of the other team.
- The defending players can only stop the ball by throwing/rolling against it.
- 2 teams,
- 1 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball on the backline flat on belly.
- Attacker calls his name, defender defends the ball (underhand thrown ball)
- Then short ball on 3 meter line.
- change after 10 balls
- A serves ball to B.
- B passes ball to server.
- Play distributor plays ball between the 7- and 9-meter line. (B runs there in the mean time)
- B passes ball to server again.
- Distributor sets up the ball.
- B attacks ball straight ahead.
- A passes this ball up in front of himself and catches the ball.
- Server becomes passer, passer becomes playmaker, playmaker becomes server.
A short but intensive warming up to get the heart rate up and warm up properly.
This is completely without the ball.
- To start this warming-up we first start with 2 to 3 laps around the field.
- This is to warm up the muscles a little bit.
- Then we stand in a circle.
- And do the following exercises in order with a 10 count rest each time
- 30 sec Jumping jacks; bend knees towards each other.
- 30 sec Penalty bench; with the back against the wall and knees in an angle of 90 degrees.
- 30 sec Push-ups; touch the ground with the nose.
- 30 sec ...; from lying down position, jump and stretch, lie down again.
- 30 sec Planks; do 2x.
- 30 sec alternating Lunges; do 2x; alternating.
Players split into pairs.
- 2-2 play on a half court. Up to the 9-yard line.
- Only above and below the line.
- See point 1 + directed attack.
- Pass the ball by service.
- At the net with the ball
- other player on back line lying down.
- Stand up in different ways:
- just get up,
- through squatting,
- jump high in one go.
- Both players stand: at the net with the ball, ball is hit aimed. Pass back.
- Later: hit the ball harder (left/right/harder).
Trainer puts 2 mats, 4 cones in the holes of the field.
- 4 in lineup,
- 1 throws the ball to person on the tray and person on the tray keys, hits the ball over the net.
- The other 4 do 3 pass game and attack on the mat or cones.
- Mat = 1 point
- Cone = 2 points
All stand in one big circle.
Take turns calling out a command; "command.....!"
After 5 commands 30 seconds of alternating straight, left and right.
Starting position is a formation with 4x4 players and the remaining players behind the back line of field A.
- Trainer throws the ball into field A and they play the ball 3x over the net,
- Field B defends and tries to return the ball in 3x,
- If one of the teams scores a point, we rotate in pairs.
- The back players of zone B leave the field and join the back line of field A.
- The front players of B field become back players in B field,
- the front players of field A become front players of field B, the back players of field A become front players of field B.
- A new pair of players turns into field A and becomes the back players.