Volleyball drills for all skills
- All on the back line
- two walk to the net
- make a block jump
- and go backwards again
- the coach puts the ball in play
- and they set up an attack.
- 2 players on 5
- 3 players on 3
- 3 players out of 4
- Trainer throws the ball to 5, they pass to 3 in turn, they play BH Set Up to 4 attack.
- Players on 4 retrieve the ball. After 6 attacks turn around and chase the ball.
- Variation. SV starts from position 4 or 2, runs to 3 for the Set Up.
3 teams A B C
- A plays BH to B
- B plays BH back to A
- A plays BH to C
- C plays BH to B
- B plays BH back to C
- C plays BH to A
- Repeat the above 10 times and then turn around one place
The same exercise but OH
- 5-minute laps around the field.
- Hamstring stretch.
- Ankle stretch.
- Groin stretch.
- Back stretch,
- Stand tall,
- step by step, hands on toes, starting with the chin on the chest.
- Then slowly go down to the toes.
- When the toes have been touched, slowly lift up and stretch all the way again.
- Planks on two elbows 3x20sec
- Planks on the side 2x20 left 2x20 right
- Push up 2x10
- Abdominals 2x10 Move elbows to knees.
- Warm up with ball
- play overhead to each other and
- when you have played each time then touch the pawn.
1 pass on 2,
2 set-up on 3,
3 BH on 4 -
4 pass on 5
5 set-up on 6,
6 BH on 8
etc. Turn over: - 1 runs around the pawn to the position of 2.
1 moves around the pawn to the position of 2
2 moves around the pawn to position 3
3 to the other side to the position of 4, etc.
1 and 2 both have a ball
1 plays underhand to 2
2 rolls his ball over the ground to 1
etc. VARIATION: pass overhead and roll 2nd ball
- 1, 2, and 3 start in the middle
- C bounces the ball and the players move to their defensive positions.
- C attacks one of the defenders.
- after the defence, set-up and 3 meter attack
- after 5 times a new 3
- A line-up of six players stand in the field.
- On the other side stands the trainer, included if necessary.
- Three players stand at the net with 1-2 balls and one server stands (this can also be the trainer).
- The first ball is served and handled by the 6 players.
- Where the attack is played, the person standing with the two balls at the net, throws the ball back over the net very quickly.
- In this way the attacking cover is trained.
- From this cover, all attackers must of course return as quickly as possible to give support.
- A short run is important.
- You will therefore be training a lot of blocking without actually blocking
- Keep on blocking until the net players have run out of balls, until it is not safe or until they simply cannot play anymore.
- Rotate through a position every so often so that side-out is trained on every position.
- After throwing the ball, the net players should look back to make sure that the previous ball doesn't secretly roll back under the net.