Volleyball drills for all skills
Purpose of exercise:
To teach the body that you should never give up.
- In volleyball, we are so conditioned that after the ball hits the ground, everyone stops playing.
- Because of this, you sometimes get players to lower their heads before the ball hits the ground.
- Through this very fun game form, you teach your body to just keep going after the bounce.
- You will see that your body gets used to never giving up.
- You are playing a game.
- When the ball hits the ground, you go after it, while you, as coach, count how many times it hits the ground before the ball is finally played up.
- Suppose Team A has got the ball up after 6 bounces, then they have to pass, set-up and attack 6 times.
- Points are awarded when the ball no longer bounces but rolls and when the ball has bounced a total of 20 times.
- So trainer, you will have to count!
- The whole team sits against the wall
- The first one runs from the wall to the net and back and then sits against the wall again,
- Then the next player can run.
- They are not allowed to stop until the whole team has walked back and forth once.
- Afterwards the same exercise but with planks instead of sitting against the wall.
Goal of the exercise:
- Defending everything and getting the ball high inside the three-meter line
Explanation of the exercise:
- This is a nice defensive drill to get into after the warm-up.
- The trainer stands inside the 3-metre line.
- There is a line of players at the back line.
- The trainer throws, pokes or hits balls in all directions.
- The person in front of the row has to defend the ball, in such a way that the ball ends up as close to the trainer as possible within the 3-metre line.
- If this doesn't happen, that person goes to jail at the ball pit.
- But if the person behind the one with the bad defending ball, manages to get the volleyball right to you as trainer, the first one is bought free and does not have to go to prison.
- When people are in prison, they may only re-enter the field when the others have defended the ball twice without errors within the 3-metre line.
- The players will help each other, even if one player makes a mistake that could be made better by another.
- Tip: when using a high ball pit, the trainer will have the balls on the grip quicker.
Purpose of the exercise:
- To allow players to experience what it feels like to 'leave' later for the attack
- If volleyball players feel they are starting the attack pass too early,
- or the coach feels that the attackers are coming too early,
- this is a good exercise.
- The playmaker is put down with a ball carrier.
- He gets the assignment to play 5 or less times for himself.
- The attackers do not know how many times this will happen, so they can only leave when the set-up is given, not before.
- The attackers will have to come in more aggressively and will build up more speed and thus more height, provided they have a good brake pass.
- If this goes well, the trainer can decide to move the playmaker closer to the attackers, so that the distance the set-upper has to travel is shortened.
- This should make the attackers even more alert.
Goal of the exercise:
- set up,
- You defend,
- give a set-up
- and attack.
- Chase your own action around the pawns.
- Start the exercise by
- Play overhand over the net
- and extend to hitting
- and then to jump and hit.
- 4 teams of which 2 at the net and the other 2 at the back of the field
- B throws the ball to A
- A plays the ball back to B
- B plays ball UPHANDS to C
- C plays the ball UNDER HANDS to D
- D catches the ball
- D throws the ball to C
- C plays the ball UP to B
- B plays the ball UNDER HANDS to A
- A catches the ball
- Two teams one throws the ball up to the other
- who picks it up underhand does one time for himself abovehand
- and then a quiet smash hit so that the other picks it up underhand
- and does the same.
- This exercise is done in pairs, standing about 4 meters apart.
- One player rolls the ball to the other.
- The latter must stop the ball with two hands behind his/her back.
- In this way, the player can only stop the ball in a low forward position: shoulders in front of the knee, knee in front of the feet.
- Make sure you understand that the exercise is for learning to adopt a low posture when passing / defending.
- Physically, this exercise is very taxing on the legs, so don't do it for 5 minutes, but play three series of 10 balls.
- 2 groups of minimum 4 players.
- reception, pass technical ball over the net.
- Receptionist becomes distributor, distributor under the net and connect to the other side.
- idem for the other side.
- Gradual increase in difficulty.
- Simulate both attack and serve.