Volleyball drills for all skills
- Teams of 3 or 4 players.
- One team on each side of the net.
- One court is the winners court (Kings Court).
- From the other court is served.
- The team that wins the point goes to, or stays on, the winners court.
- The losing team leaves the court and is replaced by a new team who will also serve.
- (be ready with a ball !).
- Only self made points from Kings Court count.
Make two equal groups;
Number 1 starts and walks to the centre pawn and from the centre to the other pawns as follows;
1. Right front back to the middle2
. Left front back to the middle3
. Right back to the centre4
. Back right to the center.
Then he taps the next one in line and he does the same.
- 2 players with 2 (different) balls.
- 1 ball is only passed overhead about 3-4 meters,
- The other ball is thrown over in the opposite direction.
- The players move from one sideline to the other sideline.
- If this is done hand over hand with 2 balls, the task is completed.
- Trainer hits on 2 passers.
- These pass, set-up and attack.
- Then next pair
- On both sides of the net 1 person in the field. line up behind the field.
- The first ball must be thrown in easily, the first one to throw stays in front of the net to play underhand.
- Get back in line.
- The ball may bounce once and then be played underhand over the net.
- Touching the backline after you've been there.
- Teams take turns serving, one at a time.
- Good serve: remain standing.
- Faulty service: lie down on the opposite side of the pitch.
- If team 1 hits the player on the opposite side of the court, they may return to their team.
- no more players? lost.
- 60 seconds planks
- 2 x 30 seconds side planks
- 30 seconds superman
- 2 x 10 push-ups
Various exercises through the speed ladder.
- First priority on correct execution of the exercise, then increase speed.
- Four ladder repetition per exercise.
- Possible exercises for illustration - see Youtube for many examples/performances
- 1 foot per box -
- 2 feet per box -
- 2 in, 2 out.
- expand to 1 box skip 1 back
- or sideways (right v/d speed ladder, in, left v/d speed ladder in etc.)
- A throws/serves at B
- B plays at C
- C sets up and B plays over the net
- Run after own ball