Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- Continued from Correction in attack pass - at lesser set up
- Player falls on lesser set up- stays hanging/out of net/out of aerial.
- set-up is given either on position 2 or 4
- The defense adjusts its view to the angle of the attack.
- phase 1: without blocking - defend the ball from being hit freely
- phase 2: with blocking attention on the defense position - one of the attackers goes on the ball
- one of the attackers is going to block on the middle position.
- field is divided in 2 parts
- on side 1 are 1 playmaker, the libero and the middle attackers
- on side 2 are the other players
- there are on each side 1 attacker and 1 blocker and a server.
- depending on the number of players there is 1 passer or 2 passers.
- the purpose of this exercise is to get in agreement with the distributor which ball you want to play.
- With the middle players we will practice on the 'rise' balls and other variations such as the 'neck'.
- 2 playmakers who alternately set uppen
- 2 passers.
- The person who does not pass attacks.
- Communicate well whether the ball should go outside or back.
- The rest stands behind the field and takes the place of the attacker.
- extend with blocking
- Control the ball 6 points in a row.
- Formation with 6 players.
- Trainer throws in the ball and the players have to finish 6 balls in a row.
- Rotation - after each good ball you turn, otherwise you stay standing and the score is 0 again.
- Extension: instead of throwing - save the rest of the team hard.
- 2 rows behind the back line.
- First 2 stand in the field.
- Trainer brings in ball.
- Pass left player towards position 2/3 then setup of right player.
- The passer goes to attack on own side of the court.
- The setupper does attack coverage.
- The two teams rotate to form a new pair.
- Extension: There are now 2 attackers at the net.
- The rest do exactly the same as before.
- Attackers come back from the net after the coach has brought in the ball.
- The setup always goes to the opposite corner from the set-upper.
- Pass from the right back, then left back setup on the right front.
- Set-upper covers and takes the place of the attacker.
- The passer remains standing and so does the non-offending player.
C attacks diagonally on 3 and 4- 1 and 2 after the block attack
3 and 4 defend, playmaker comes in
set-up to 1,2 or 3, attack to 3 defenders.
These defend for themselves and put the ball in the box.
- C throws a ball to A or B
- Set up a block on that side
- Pass the ball over the block to the defence
- Build up an attack on the middle
- Change after 10 balls
- Variation: attacking outside or behind
- 3x trio
- 2 threes play regular rally, also start with service.
- on the other side 3 players handle the service, and deliberately play a high underhand ball.
- team on the other side has to handle the ball by running well, the 2 outfielders have to go backwards, the passer calls loose, the midfielder calls high ball, and distributes the game.
- The 2 outfield players have already made a few steps to the back to assist with the high ball, and are thus ready to attack.
- 6 players on the opposite side of the field just play out the rally.
- On this side of the field the players are lined up on 2 and 4
- Trainer plays the ball up a few times in front of himself, so that the players do not know when it will come.
- They have to look good to be able to time the ball.
- Then the player attacks.