volleyball drills for Attack / smash / spike / hitting
Goal of the exercise:
process 2 balls quickly and having to score
Explanation of the exercise:
- Passer and playmaker and attacker all three process 2 balls shortly after each other.
- Passer learns to pass a deepball diagonally backward and a short immediate after (learns to make large angles) the playmaker has to look for the next ball immediately after the first set up.
- The attacker has to go to the back as soon as possible after landing to make another attack.
- As trainer, you can indicate where the balls have to be hit, or the tempo of the set ups, or that the passer has to do attack defense after the first pass and then pass the 2nd ball
- Length of the exercise:
- There is 1 playmaker, 1 person throwing balls. numbers to put in the hoops.
- The playmaker sets up the ball for the attacker who smashes or pricks the balls in the hoop.
- You can place the hoops on the positions you want, as you are going to train your team.
- Try to have them play in sequence.
- and once they are used to it
- you start calling out hoop number in which they have to smash/prick the ball .
- put down 1 chest
- start as low as possible (so 1 low)
- the players make an attack run from the cone
- SHORT, LONG, JOIN, PUSH OFF
- push off with two legs
- end on the chest with both hand in the air (possible clap hands)
- then 2 block jumps at the net.
- Pay attention to steps sideways
- then around the cone and trainer throws a dive ball
- Pay attention to sliding on the belly
- Fetch ball and put in box
- join the back for jumping
- 3 to 4 players per side, positions: 4, 5 and a playmaker (if sufficient players, also defend on position 6 and 1)
- pass ball around
- defend to playmaker, set up to position 4
- pass to other players
- after every ball that is too high, rotate position
- start calmly with technical hit, and if this works, increase speed and difficulty.
- communication is important so speak to each other and help each other if necessary.
- The purpose of the game is cooperation, and the emphasis is not on scoring.
- Rebounding (per 2): wrist hit, correct foot forward, weaponing, hit the ball
- Kids bump with the ball on the ground to control afterwards and then hit the ball.
- FIRST (individually): hit downwards (wrist hit, correct foot forward, weaponing)
- THEN (individually): hit with wrist hit over the net
- THEN (per 2): hit with wrist hit over the net. The other kid defends this ball and hits back
- LAST (per 2): but then on points
- Per 2, each on one side of the field + a ball. Steps of attack run and then hit underneath the net ( 1 hand points to the ball, the other hand hits, wrist clamps around ball) other catches and does the same.
Attack on outside on two fields. Players pay attention to their run and arms. Then attack on the middle.
Player 1 is behind the end line and is reserve. Player 2 is in the middle of the field. Player 3 is on position 2-3. Player 4 is attacker left forward. Players 5-8 are in the other field left forward, all with a ball.
The first of the line (player 5 in this case) throws the ball to the middle of the other field. After throwing, he walks to the end line of the other field .
- Player 3 passes the ball to player 3 and follows his ball.
- Player 3 gives a set up to left forward position.
- Player 4 smashes the ball over the net, picks up the ball and join the back of the line.
- And it starts at the beginning. The next ball can be thrown when the set up has been given.
You have to score!
- For this exercise, the field is divided in two lengthwise
- Four persons on one side, four on the other side.
- 3 and 4 (1) serve.
- Player 2 passes the ball (2),
- player 1 gives a set up (3) and
- player 2 smashed the ball straight (4) so not diagonally.
- If 1 and 2 score together, they change spots, so 2 will be playmaker, and player 1 is going to pass and attack.
- if 1 and 3 DO NOT score, the attacker is going to serve, the playmaker is going to attack, and the server is going to be playmaker. The attacker is 'punished' because he did not score.
What is scoring here? Make clear agreements, for example a ball hit along the line.
- Player A throws the ball over the net.
- Player B or C passes the ball over the net.
- The other player quickly runs underneath the net, and sets up for the same player that passed.
- This player tries to hit a cone from the bench with overarm player or a hitting movement.
Which pair or which team has hit the most cones from the bench after an X number of minutes?
Hit to outside and middle
Beside the playmaker, the other players execute a pass, an attack, and a service.
The exercise is as follows:
- 1 Player 1 throws a tight ball to player 7
- 2a player 7 passes the ball to the playmaker
- 2b player 1 walks to the other line and joins the back.
- 3 the playmaker gives a set up to player 6
- 4 player 6 smashes the ball to the mat
- 5 player 6 picks up his own ball
- 6 player 6 serves the ball to the other mat
- 7 player 6 picks up his own ball
- 8 player 6 joins the line
- This can also be done a middle attack
After 10 minutes, a block is added
- this exercise, the attackers get the mission to immediately score with their attack. The defense has to prevent this of course.
A permanent playmaker is used. A number of attackers is on one side of the playing field with a ball. They play the ball to the playmaker, who will give the set up for the attacker.
If the attacker scores, he joins the back of the line of attackers (as reward). If the attacker does not score, he has to defend. Rotating happens in the following way. attacker - A - B - C - D - attacker.
In defense, A is the blocker.
Make it clear upfront what immediate scoring means: ball on the ground, even if there is no playable defense.
- permanent playmaker
- line of attackers with ball plays ball to sv
- Set-up to attacker 1
- If attack scores, join line attackers
- Otherwise attacker 1 to A - B - C- D- attacker
- In defense: A = blocker, BCD= back
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.