Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- 4 in attack with playmaker.
- Other side, 1 on reserve out of the field (right at position 1,2) and 3 in the pass and a dropout.
- The rest with ball on position 2 at the side of the attackers.
- These throw the ball to attacker who then pass the ball to SV and get a setup back.
- Attacking 3 defenders who pass to the offender.
- Reserve enters the field and the passers rotate.
- Last passer becomes receiver and receiver goes to line with ball.
- Group is divided in 2 halves.
- 4 players make sure that every service is processed to the SV.
- SV plays the 4 players outside the 3 meter area. The four players must attack, aggressively, but outside the 3 meter area.
- 2 groups play point forward. Both sides must play outside the 3 meter area. Also short balls are not allowed. No point in the 3 meter area.
- 2 rows of players on one half.
- They throw the ball to the trainer, who throws or plays overhand to the net.
- Players walk to the net with an attacking pass and smash the ball.
- On the other side stands a player who tries to pass the ball.
- A Storage
- B reception
- C first time play ball
- A defense
- C catches.
- A to B
- B to C
- C to A
Attacking outside, centre and back - 4 attacks calmly on 3 over the block of 1 and 2 - 3 passes to SV - 1 turns around after the block and attacks the middle. - 4 blocks - 2 and 3 attacking. variation: - same on the left - idem on the right
- 1 playmaker, 3 passers, 3 or 4 attackers in the left front. 2 servers.
- Serving -> pass -> setup -> attack -> (block)
- Server goes to row of attackers,
- attacker goes to serve.
- Passers remain standing.
- Faulty service is no return.
- Faulty pass is through.
- Offender gets the ball.
- 2 trios form base 6
- 3rd trio on the other half of the pitch
intention is that the 6-team knows that an attack is played over 2 or 4.
6 team must anticipate
- the midfielder must connect with the right/left forwards to make a block.
- the remaining front player must move to the front of the net, the libeo (position 6) defends the block, Position 1 and 5 take position in the backfield.
After some attacking, 3 of them change position and 3 of them swap.
- Alternate between anticipation 1 and 2.
- Player must react correctly to attack and/or high ball.
points of interest:
- call loose
- When attacking the block and the rest react in the back. Libero covers the block.
- At high ball, anticipate to the back