Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
Warming up / all-round training
Each player will pass, attack, distribute, block, defend, rally, with turnovers.
- Trainer stands with cart with balls at the pole at #2 (position 2)
- Players stand outside the field at the side of #1 and a playmaker at # 2/3
- First round starts with Trainer throwing the ball to #5, player 1 runs from the sideline to the ball and plays it to the distributor.
- Start with "blue players" (see drawing), then extend with "red players
Further course of play:
- Tr throws ball for S1 to #5
- S1 runs in and plays to Sv (#2/3)
- Sv gives setup to the outside (#4)
- S1 attacks.
- Turn over: S1 becomes Sv, Sv gets the ball and joins the line at #1.
- Sv turns to the other side of the net and becomes a blocker.
Now the same steps as above, but with the block opposite the attacker.
- Turn over: S1 (has just attacked) becomes Sv at #2/3, Sv
passes under the net and becomes B1 at #2B1
who, after blocking, goes to get the ball and joins the row.
- After blocking at #2, player goes to defend at #5. Attacker is obliged to pass to #5.
- When the ball is defended a rally may be played (2 vs. 2)
- After end of rally or no defence or fault in attack, turn over
Extend 3 and more
- One can extend with a 2nd blocker, 2nd and 3rd defender (on resp. #1 and #6)
- More players can be added to field I (so players from the sideline move in when a rally arises)
- The passing game becomes S1 (passing and attacking) -> Sv -> B1 (#3) -> B2 (#2) -> V1 (#1) -> V2 (#6) -> V3 (#5) possibly A2 (#4) and then connect again.
- You can expand to 6 against 6, so start with blue, then B1, then B2, then V1, then V2 (when continuing the game, first V2 and then V1), then V3 (continuing the game with V2, V3, V1) and then possibly A1. In the meantime, players in field I must be added.
- If there are several players in Area I, you can choose to throw in a ball on S1 at #5 instead of throwing in a ball through Tr.
- Ball is served.
- Pass by 1/5/6.
- Set-up by 1, but on a first pass by 1 set-up by 2.
- After set-up an attack by 2/3/4, but on a set-up by 2 only an attack by 3/4.
- After service 2 (or more) players walk into the court to play.
- Ball/ralley is played all the way out.
- NB: FOCUS IS ON THE SERVICE PASS!
- Trainer stands at the net with a ball sticking out above the net
- Attacking run-up (short-long run) and watch arms swinging
- Make an offensive jump and try to touch the ball with the batting hand.
- Watch out:
- good posture
- good height
- arms well up
- Put down the close pass (brake pass) properly
- You can do this on both sides of the net, see picture. When you have completed the attack, pick up your ball and join the back of the line at the pawn.
- Red dots= Trainer
- Blue dots = players
- Orange dots= Pions
- Yellow dots= Volleyball
- Watch out:
- T touches the ball
- Defend with a pass to T
- then short tip ball
- Three must do block defence
- Finish the attack in threes
5 times then next threesome
- Practicing defense of opponent's offense, block coverage and positioning in the backfield
- Two teams one ball.
- Get down on one knee opposite each other on the three meter line.
- Then the smash through the ground under the net, the other catches the ball and does the same.
- game form 3:3
- Points may only be scored in the backfield.
- - mandatory playing 3 times
- - mandatory smash
- If there is no smash as third ball, point opponent
- 6 players on one side
- trainer starts the rally.
- players handle ball, and play rally.
- Pay attention to how the trainer starts the rally.
- If the trainer plays a high ball in the back, the whole team must move backwards, if the trainer plays an attack on the sides, the SV must join the left/right front, in front of the block.
- The rest join in. Libero covers the block.
- - mandatory 3x play
- - Mandatory 3rd ball smash
- 2 groups, field in half lengthwise.
- Side A left 2 servers,
- Side B left 2 passers, 1 SV and 1 attacker.
- After serving, server walks into the court and chooses position other server ready for next ball.
- Pass to SV set-up
- Attacker makes correct run and jump and plays ball BH to server. Then next ball.
- On 5 occasions correct - 5 times tactical ball - task server on 3m line.
- When 3 times correct - 2 times hard attack straight ahead.
- Then turn except for SV.