Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- Each player has a tennis ball in the non-striking hand.
- Make an attack pass, where the tennis ball must be picked up in the batting hand at the last moment with arms stretched
- and thrown over the net into the opposite court.
Trainer puts 2 mats, 4 cones in the holes of the field.
- 4 in lineup,
- 1 throws the ball to person on the tray and person on the tray keys, hits the ball over the net.
- The other 4 do 3 pass game and attack on the mat or cones.
- Mat = 1 point
- Cone = 2 points
Starting position is a formation with 4x4 players and the remaining players behind the back line of field A.
- Trainer throws the ball into field A and they play the ball 3x over the net,
- Field B defends and tries to return the ball in 3x,
- If one of the teams scores a point, we rotate in pairs.
- The back players of zone B leave the field and join the back line of field A.
- The front players of B field become back players in B field,
- the front players of field A become front players of field B, the back players of field A become front players of field B.
- A new pair of players turns into field A and becomes the back players.
- The attack comes from the right
- The middle and diagonal blocks, the outside attacker comes to the middle, the upper comes to the front
- The trainer hits the ball, we go to our position and defend the ball from the trainer.
- To be extended by finishing the attack. Think of tactical hit or pricked balls. (central, position 1, position 5)
- Set up basket at height
- Attacking run (short-long-attack) and pay attention to arms waving
- make an offensive jump and try to hit the short with the striking hand.
- good posture
- good height
- arms well up
- Trainer stands with all balls in the field
- And throws the ball up to the distributor who puts it up to the attacker
- Player smashes the ball over the net
- Player retrieves the ball and gives it to the trainer
- Distributor at the net.
- Attackers in a row behind the three meter
- one playmaker on position 2/3
- one attacker on position 4
- 2 blockers
- 1 defender on position 5
- trainer on position 1
- the rest with the ball
- you are going to attack to score, but it is not allowed to hit with a big arc over the blocker the ball is not allowed to come above the antenna during hitting or tapping.
- Attacker becomes middle blocker
- Middle blocker becomes outside blocker
- outside blocker becomes defender
- 4 gives setup on 1 and 1 plays BH to 2. 2 defends to 3,
- 3 sets up 2 and 2 plays BH to 1,
- 1 defends on 4 and it starts all over again.
- After 3 and 4 have given 5 setups they are exchanged,
- The challenge is to do this while keeping the ball in play.
- If this goes well the team will attack technically instead of playing BH.
- 3 teams,
- 2 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball at the backline flat on belly.
- Net player 1 hits ball, defender stands up and defends attack at about 6 meters,
- Afterwards short ball on 3 meter by net player 2.
- Repeat 2 series of 20 balls (so 10x attack and 10x short).