Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- Everyone on one position, we don't play center.
- Basically you play a small game, with only rallies.
- At each round you walk the lines as an outside attacker, walk from the front of the net to the three meter line to defend the balls within the three meter.
- At every rally that goes well over the net, you rotate one spot.
When playing pass mid:
- Row of attackers on outside (left and right), and row in the middle
- Row middle throws ball to SV
- SV alternating set up to left and right
- Attack, fetch ball and connect in the middle
- If pass right, same but pass from right, attacking from mid and outside
- Player saves
- Reception is made --> pass given
- Attack --> block/ defense
- Turn through --> block stays for a moment (service - 1 - 6 - 5 - (reserve) - 4 - service)
- Receptionists line up with 3 in the backfield.
- From the other side there is a save, emphasis is on reception and attack, not difficult save.
- Ball is played centrally to playmaker, pass goes to position 4 or 2.
- After the attack move to the serve. First server replaces the player who took the reception.
- Expansion :
- Playmaker at the net in combination with opposit or central striker.
Improve displacement and foot coordination
First all exercises at low speed, then increase speed.
- Various exercises speed ladder (can be done with ball)
- After speed ladder shuffle exercise defend a ball
- After speed ladder exercise attack the ball on the outside
- After speed ladder exercise attacking a ball at the center
- After speed ladder excercise a turnover ball
- After speed ladder exercise block a ball
- place 2 skirting boards.
- start as low as possible (1 layer)
- Skirting boards one 'attack run' apart.
- if necessary put down hoops
- they jump with 2 legs onthe first skirting and land with both handsup
- off the skirting board and then an attack run on the 2nd skirting board
- short, long, connect, drop off. (rhythm: 1....2.3)
- Pay attention:
- push off with 2 legs
- arms swing backwards during the big step
- finish on the skirting-board with both hands in the air (if necessary, clap your hands)
- after that 2 block jumps at the net.
- Pay attention to side steps
- then around the pawn and trainer throws a diving ball
- Watch out for sliding on the belly
- Get the ball and put it in the bin.
- Join the back of the line for jumping
- 1 defender starts behind the back line
- C plays high ball in the field
- 1 comes in and plays overhead to S
- S sets up backwards to 4
- attack straight ahead, attacker gets the ball
- 1 becomes attacker and 2 defender
VARIATION: attack on other position, with block, defense
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball into the backfield.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, who then gives a setup for A.
- A attacks this setup.
- A lines up at the other side who defends the ball and has to score.
After the attack, A takes B's place and B becomes a reserve. The playmaker stays.
The outside attackers use the left half of the field with one playmaker. The middle attackers and diagonal attackers use the right half with another playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After B's attack A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a setup.
- B attacks again.
- Player A throws/strikes the ball towards player C.
- Player C passes the ball to player B.
- Player B sets up the ball.
- Player C attacks if the pass was good.
Goal: Try to attack/play 3rd ball on the imaginary mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball: A to row position C, C to row position A, B change after a while.
Extension: With enough players one-woman block.