Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
Offence passes including arm movement
: practise dry-
with a skipping rope on the floor-
with 2 mats with a ditch-
with a springboard-
with a landing mat-
over a mat-with
- 2 setuppers (1 on each side)
- Player behind you throws/plays to
- Take your own ball
- join the other row
Attacking at position 4, blocking at pos 2 on the other side (if there are enough players also blocking at pos 3), defending at pos 1 and 6. After defending, the ball is caught by the blocker.
- 1 sv
- Defenders remain standing
- Attacker becomes a blocker on pos. 2, if also a blocker on pos. 3, the blocker stays standing.
- After 5 minutes the defenders (and blockers) change.
- Attack at pos. 2 and 3, blocking at pos. 3 and 4 (if 1 blocker stands where the attack is going on), defence at pos. 5 and 6.
- One player at the net.
- Everyone has a ball and the one in front has no ball.
- The ball is played to you by the person behind you.
- The distributor gives a setup to the outside and later also to the middle.
- 3 players in the backfield on both sides of the net.
- SV on both sides of the net.
- 3 reserve players on either side of the net.
- T.A. or FB SV to non-receptionist,
- 3-m attack to player who has not yet made a touch. (These 3 players go off the field and are replaced by the 3 backup players).
- Team on other side does defense and proceeds analogously as above.
- three defenders and one playmaker in the field
- three (or more) players stand ready as reserves behind the backline (in front of the three field players)
- rest: serve
- one of the three fielders defends, passes to a random field player, other field players make attacking movement
- only the fielder who has attacked moves up to serve
- one of the reserve players fills the vacant fielder's spot
- The trainer stands on the passing spot and the line stand in a row in the middle.
- The ball is thrown in and the ball must be played to the trainer.
- The trainer gives a set-up and the ball is hit by the attacker outside.
- Good pass is to move to the attack.
- Bad pass is to join the back of the line after getting the ball.
- game set-up without the outfield striker.
- (3 man defence, 1 playmaker, centre and slide player).
- Ball is served from opposite field, team defends and playmaker with every ball on middle or slide (possibly on bad pass 3 meter line).
- 1 defender starts behind the back line - C plays high ball in the field - 1 comes in and plays overhead to S - S set-up to where attacker is standing - attack straight ahead, attacker gets the ball - 1 becomes attacker and 2 defender VARIATION 1: Harder hit ball, with fixed libero in defence. VARIATION 2: IDEM to 1, but with block after your attack.