Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- 2 players each side of the net.
- Player throws the ball over the net.
- is passed to the distributor and
- then set-up and
- then quietly over the net.
- Other side passes it back to the distributor and so on.
- Extend this to a complete 3-meter attack.
- Player serves ball.
- Passing to setter
- Setup gives ball back
- Defense to setup
- setup for attack
- Down ball or free ball is called
- Defence to setup
- quick pass to attacker
extension with block board
One side of the net
- Attacking player on his/her position
- Passer ( libero if necessary )
The other side
- 2 blockers ( center and corner ) --> 1 block if there is a center player on the other side
- Defenders on all positions
- Someone passes to offensive player and libero
- Build up and try to score
- Blockers set up a block go for the ball
- Defenders try to defend the ball
Attacking player gets 10 balls and he/she must try to score as much as possible.
--> possibly also let them use the 3 meter attack
- you have 2 passers on ra and la
- trainer throws/serves the ball over the net to the 2 passers.
- after having called loose, pass the ball to sv on 2/3
- sv gives set up to lv
- someone on the other side of the net tries to block and otherwise retrieve the ball
- move up one spot at a time
- Coach plays rally ball in the field,
- defender comes from right back,
- passes ball to position 2/3,
- set up outside,
- attacker stands ready on 3 meter line,
- after pass attack cover.
- 2 fixed playmakers stand at the net and take turns.
- Other players are divided into 2 rows at mid and outside.
- Outsiders pass the ball to the distributor.
- Playmaker gives set-up to mid or outside. Both players attack (fake attack).
- The player who attacked retrieves the ball and returns it. Other player remains standing and attacks again.
An exercise for the attacker. The attacker has to be available for a second attack after a block.
First the middle attackers. At the net stand the playmaker (S) and a head blocker (1) ready to start blocking. Next to them stands the trainer (T) with a ball. Three defenders (4, 5 and 6) are standing at the back of the court.
- The trainer hits the ball, and 1 and S block together.
- During the block the trainer smashes the ball to 4, 5 or 6.
- As soon as 1 is on the ground again after the block, 1 moves backwards for the attack run.
- 4, 5 or 6 defend the ball.
- S gives a setup to 1.
- 1 smashes the ball
- 1 retrieves the ball.
- 2 takes the place of 1 (1,2 and 3 rotate).
Swap with the outside attackers on the outside position.
- 1 playmaker
- 1 "false-dead" in the other half
- 1 attacker without ball
- Rest with the ball in a row behind the attacker.
- Number 1 with the ball throws to the distributor, who gives a set up and the attacker tries to score.
- The shamode tries to pass the ball and catch it, if he succeeds, the attacker is "dead" and has to take over the place of the shamode who may now join the row
- If the attacker scores he gets the ball himself and joins the back of the row
ball track = letters of the alphabet