volleyball drills for Attack / smash / spike / hitting
-1 defender starts behind the end line - C plays high ball in the field - 1 comes in and plays overarm to S - S sets up backwards to 4 - Attack through the middle, attacker gets the ball - 1 will be attacker, and 2 will be defender VARIATION: with block,
Then with middle attackers and then with outside attackers
- bring the ball into the game; S sets up to left forward
- 1 diagonal attack
- all rotate one spot when ball is over the net
- defend diagonal attack on set-upper
- set up to left forward, attack diagonally; etc.
POINTS OF ATTENTION:
- when rotating, quickly to starting position
- all provide attack defense
- right forward block put straight
line of attackers on the 3 meter line
-C plays rally ball on attacker 1
- blocker 4 goes to the net
- 1 passes to S and calls where he wants the set up
(left, middle, or right)
- blocker follows attacker and blocks
- attacker gets ball, joins back of own line
- if the attackers score 10x, the attackers and
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball in the back field.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, which gives a set up for A.
- A attacks to this set up.
After the attack, A takes the place of B, and B will be reserve. The playmaker remains.
The outside attackers use one playmaker and the left side of the field. The centre attackers and the diagonal attackers use the right side with a different playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After the attack of B, A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a set up
- B attacks again.
| If you put pressure on the opponent with your service and attack, the balls easily get over the net. It is a must to process these balls properly and (quickly) set up another attack. Precision is of the highest importance. The responsibilities have to be clear and taken by the players. It has to be clear for whom the easy ball is and who passes it. The place to which the ball is passed must also be clear.|
The speed of the rally pass is also of importance. Particularly when the playmaker is forward, you can pass the ball quicker to the net. Closer to the net, you pass the ball a bit higher, so everybody has time to prepare for the attack.
Coach throws ball in to the six. They build up an attack
The six have to score from the rally pass. The four have to prevent this by blocking the ball and defend.
When the 6 have 5 points, change.
If volleyball players think they are starting the attack pass to soon, or the trainer thinks the attackers come in too soon, this is a good exercise.
The playmaker is positioned with a box of balls. He has to throw up the ball for himself 5 times or less. The attackers doe not know how often this happens, and can only leave when the set-up is done, not before.
The attackers will have to come in more aggressively, building up more speed and thus more height, if there is a good brake pass.
If this goes well, the trainer can decide to move the playmaker closer to the attackers, so the distance the set-upper has to cover is shortened. The attackers have to be even more alert.
- 3 to 4 players, 1 ball, entire field 3 to 4 players
- Lower net, and then match hitting ball over the net
- The other is trying to catch
- The ball can bounce 1 time and the other tries to catch (can also catch immediately)
- After catching, throw to other player and smash again
- If the ball is not caught, you have a point
make attack run:
- Right handed: left, right,left
- Left handed: right, left , right
Players sorted on length
- lower the net on one side
- player throws the ball to trainer
- trainer holds ball up
- players hit the ball out of the trainer's hands
- keep to your side of the net
pay attention to the run, not the shot
- you jump with your arms!
- you hit with your stomach!
- Players each have a ball and
- make an attacking jump towards the net holding the ball.
- When they reach the net they have to raise the ball behind their heads, jump and throw the ball over the net.
- Pay attention:
- proper posture
- proper height
- properly lift arms
- ball in
- probably a bit lower for beginning players to increase success factor.
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.