Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- Line of attackers on the outside,
- nr 2 throws ball to SV
- No. 1 attacks on the outside, paying attention to the run.
- After that row of attackers in the middle.
- C attacks diagonally on 3 and 4
- 1 and 2 after block attack
- 3 and 4 defend, defender comes in
- Set-up to 1,2 or 3, attack to 3 defenders.
- They defend for themselves and put the ball in the box.
Making an attack run:
- Right handed: left, right, left
- Left handed: right, left, right
Players on length together
- on one side the net lower
- player throws ball to trainer
- trainer holds up the ball
- players knock the ball out of the hand of the trainer
- stay on own side of the net
watch the run up, not the beautiful ball
after that: stand on the left side of the net on both sides. (stand on the outside) . In the middle 1 person throws the ball up and the pupils in line smash the ball over the net.
- jump with your arms!
- Hit the ball with your belly!
- put ball in play; S set-up at front left,
- 1 diagonal attack
- when ball is over the net all players turn one spot
- defend diagonal attack on set-upper
- set-up on the left front, diagonal attack; etc.
POINTS OF ATTENTION:
- When turning around, quickly return to the starting position.
- all take care of the attacking side
- right front block straight ahead
- Trainer throws the ball to the playmaker
- Sv gives set up to Attacker
- A must hit
- Block must be set up well by the outside and the middle joins in.
- V defends the ball
- After 10 turns
Trainer (mid) and player on 4 at the net
Trainer throws the ball himself short behind the block or in the middle or throws the ball to 4. That player throws the ball
Defence has to solve it by sliding in well and/or standing short behind the block. SV stands behind and comes forward and gives set up to middle, left front or diagonal, who finishes the attack. Catcher puts ball back in basket.
Goal: - Defense on the right position. Who goes for which ball?
- Being able to quickly switch from defense to offense. Possible 1st tempo exercise in the middle of the attack.
C throws the ball up- 1 comes in for attack- 7 passes the ball to COpublications: - Throwing in at a high pace - C throws high for outside attacker - C throws low for middle attacker
- C throws in balls to 1 who brings a rally pass(RP) to position 3.
- SV may leave when C hits the ball.
- Sv has choice of 3 attackers.
- Attackers pick up ball and close behind.
When there is a reasonable setup, the ball should always be hit, but if it cannot be hit because it is too low, for example, another solution must be found.
Pay special attention to the passer/runners and diagonals to adjust their run if the setup is not perfect. They have to make sure that they catch the ball as high as possible in front of their hitting shoulder.
Also make demands on the RP!!!
- Where should it be placed?
- How close to the net?
Only allow passing when a certain number of passes are good. If it is easily achieved, throw the ball in harder or increase the number of good passes.
Attackers have to make up for "mistakes" made by the SV. Too often the distributor is told to pass the ball this way or that, while the attacker makes no effort to correct the "mistake" with her run. Keep in mind that they will do everything possible to get the ball in front of the striker's shoulder, so that they can press the ball over the net. After that, they can discuss with the SV how they want to get the ball
A serves to B. B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball into the backfield. B defends this ball back to the playmaker, who then gives a setup for B. B attacks this setup.
After the attack, A takes B's place and B becomes a reserve. The playmaker stays.
The attackers use the left half of the court with one playmaker. The middle attackers and diagonal attackers use the right half with another playmaker.
After the service, A takes a second ball. After B's attack A throws this ball into the field. B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a setup and B attacks again.