Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- Everybody throw a ball up and catch at the highest point with a jump
- Smash ball against the wall. Think of movement, cross, and wrist movement.
- Throw ball up, smash against the wall. try to hit at highest point, think of wrist
- Stand on the back line, throw the ball up and try to smash the ball over the net through the ground. try to hit the ball at the highest point.
- Stand on the back line, throw the ball up, jump, and try to smash the ball over the net through the ground.
- Think of hitting the highest point, and wrist.
Aim: Players Setup from 1st time + targeted attack.
- T plays ball high over the net in the attack zone.
- Sv enters from pos.1 and sets up for -or backwards.
- A attacks on the mat/goal.
Expand : Block, middle attack, ...
Goal : develop game insight for attack
- A1 plays the ball to SV.
- Sv set-up to pos.4 where A attacks.
- At the moment A attacks, A1 plays a second ball to SV.
- B & B1 take care of the block. (B1 always starts from pos.3), L defense.
- Second attack of A. place ball. L stands on a mat. Where L is not standing should be played to.
We try to grow into a match form. Block gets points when attack can be stopped. Attack when scored or ball on the mat. Defender when defended.
- 2 numbers (preferably variable)
- Trainer throws balls at set position
- Setter calls a set outside and calls a number (1..4)
- Attacker strikes the ball to the named position.
Organization: 6 players per field
- 2 play the serve, each on either side of the grid, at position 1
- Serve to 5 or 6, set up and pass ball to server
- Server defends to position 6,
- it performs the first contact
- and the previous attacker set the ball to position 2
- the defence player
- As long as there are 2 balls, continue, if there is 1 case, go for the point.
Variant: The defender is checked whether the defender is short or deep, short ball is pokey, deep ball is technical ball.
Goal: Libero training and defense
- T plays in tempo the balls to SV.
- SV set-up (2nd tempo) to A (position 3) --> targeted attack to position 1 or to B (position 4) --> targeted attack to position 6.
- L starts from pos 6 + defense to SV2
Extension 1 : After defense from L to SV, set-up to position 4 where C attacks (aimed)
Extension 2 : L2 defended attack from C, C is going to catch ball.
Purpose: peripheral view.
- C plays the ball to L.
- L plays the ball to pos 3/2 --> SV2
- Meanwhile, B3 moves to pos 2 or 4. (draw. to 2)
- SV2 setup to the pos. where there is only one block.
- C goes blocking
- A attacks.
- T plays ball to SV1
- SV1 setup to attacker where there are two blocks.
Extension : field defense.
Goal of the exercise is, the playmaker must try to make sure that on the other side of the net a double block can not be formed.
- T plays the balls at a high pace towards pos. 3.
- SV walks in and gives set-up for -or backwards to fool the block.
- B tries to come to a drawbar block on attack.
- SV passes around T after set-up.
- SV1 & 2 switch positions after each set-up.
- Add field defense. (Liberos)
- B's play ball high back over to attacker passing towards pos 3/2
- Exercise starts again from pass attacker.
- The trainer randomly plays 1 or 2.
- From there, a set up to the other (1 or 2) is given for attacking.
- Depending on where the attack happens, 6 players on the other side of the net take the correct positions.
- Blocking, defending, and play over the net to me.
- High tempo.
- If the ball is not defended, throw it to my side of the net so that we can continue.