Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- Field B:
- 2 passers and 1 reserve.
- 1 playmaker on p2/3.
- Field A:
- Defender on 5 and 1.
- Reserve on p5.
- Coach serves.
- Field B:
- Trainer serves.
- Pass and setup to the non-passer.
- Attack thus on p3 or p4.
- Attacker becomes playmaker, passer stays.
- Spare becomes passer and playmaker becomes spare on p5.
- P5 passes to p1 and p1 becomes reserve passer.
- Defended ball is passed to p2.
- 1 row behind the left or right buildup.
- Everyone with ball.
- Player 1 left or right structure in start with ball diagonally towards pawn for penalty line.
- 1 pawn on the middle of the build-up with 1 player without the ball behind it.
- Player 2 runs diagonally behind player 1 and receives the ball.
- Player 1 makes a 0 pass if player 2 doesn't pass in time otherwise make the change on speed.
- Player 2 shoots at goal.
- Player 1 walks backwards to the pawn in the middle of the build-up to receive the ball and shoot at the goal.
- Repeat until everyone has been there.
- Two against three.
- The third player stands at the back line ready to serve.
- Serving is alternating. Two players agree on who will change in the team to serve.
- One player stays.
- Or if they want to and can keep up with it they can go full steam ahead with the serve.
- The service receiving side has fixed setter.
- Setter goes under the net to switch teams.
- Pace of serving may be increased if it is going well.
- Preference, full smash, and full defend.
- Trainer strikes ball at pos 1,6.
- Players bring the pass --> SV --> AV.
- Other side defends ball and completes rally
- Space through on both sides
- 2 pairs on both sides of the net with 1 ball
- The ball is played back and forth in threes;
- The back player passes, the front player sets, the back player comes in and plays the ball easily over the net.
- The players at the other side do the same
- Front and back players rotate every time the ball is played over the net.
- After that, a simple attacking stroke and possibly a hard attacking stroke can be added.
- 2 players leave the net,
- Someone else throws in a free ball, it is built up and attacked
- Team who threw the ball defends
- Reception, other player walks in and attacks reception player, reception player attacks, play on
- reception, other player runs in, buttons reception player, reception player plays high back and other player attacks, pass
- Create zones in the field
- Storage player calls street or slide
- In case of short serve: deep serve.
- On a deep serve: short
- Free match
Goal: improve condition in combination with attack/block/defense
T throws a total of three balls to SV.
- T throws ball to SV.
- SV gives a set-up pos 4 , where A attacks. Immediately after the attack T throws a ball, A defends ball back to C.
- After defense T, throws ball 2 to SV. SV 2é pace to A --> attack, C throws ball --> A defended back.
- T throws 3e ball to SV. Sv set-up to pos. 2, A attack on pos. 2, after attack Ball defend.
On the other side of the net.
- B same as A.
- B tries to block A's attack.
- After each block, defend ball from T2.
Goal attacking after physical and mental strain.
- T1, T2 & T3 throw at high speed a ball each for A1, A2 and A3 respectively.
- A1 pos. 4 --> attacking towards goal, after attacking around the cone and again attacking towards the mat.
- A2 pos. 2 idem
- A3 pos. 3 idem
Other players take care of ball safety. After 5 attacks change.
- A and A1 play their ball to SV1 and SV2 at the same time.
- SV high ball.
- SV1 & 2 exchange places + pas s to the corner, where A & A1 attack.
- SV, Block on attack from A & A1.
Intention is to load the playmakers. Pass to position 4.