volleyball drills for Block / net defense
Hit to outside and middle
Beside the playmaker, the other players execute a pass, an attack, and a service.
The exercise is as follows:
- 1 Player 1 throws a tight ball to player 7
- 2a player 7 passes the ball to the playmaker
- 2b player 1 walks to the other line and joins the back.
- 3 the playmaker gives a set up to player 6
- 4 player 6 smashes the ball to the mat
- 5 player 6 picks up his own ball
- 6 player 6 serves the ball to the other mat
- 7 player 6 picks up his own ball
- 8 player 6 joins the line
- This can also be done a middle attack
After 10 minutes, a block is added
Improving the pass by positioning the shoulders in the playing direction
Pay close attention in exercises:
- Pass has to be high so player can catch ball 'overarm'.
- Pass to the right, right foot forward
- Pass to the left, left foot forward
- 'Eyes' of the shoulders in playing direction
- trios with 1 ball
- 1 an 2 are next to each other, not too close to the net.
- 3 is opposite 1, in the back of the field.
- 1 throws straight to 3, and 3 throws diagonally to 2.
- 2 catches and throws straight to 3, and 3 throws diagonally to 1.
- 3 keeps moving.
Left and right to 1 side of the net a line of attackers, playmaker on fixed position (right forward), passer left back. Three blockers on the other side of the net (right forward, middle, and left forward).
Ball is thrown from the other side to passer, passes to SV, sets up alternately to the attackers; mhidden blocker can only leave when set up has been played.
Points of attention:
- position of the hands (turned to position 6); place arms over the net (lock ball)
- jump after the attacker jumps
- middle player properly connects; outside blocker puts up block from outside to inside (never the other way around)
line of attackers on the 3 meter line
-C plays rally ball on attacker 1
- blocker 4 goes to the net
- 1 passes to S and calls where he wants the set up
(left, middle, or right)
- blocker follows attacker and blocks
- attacker gets ball, joins back of own line
- if the attackers score 10x, the attackers and
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.