Volleyball drills for block / net defense
- 3 players on 1 side of the net on 3m line
- the other 3 in a row also on the 3m line on the other side of the net.
- Player 1 leaves and goes to block on position 2,
- on the other side she receives a ball from a player on the 3m line, which she will block.
- Then the player moves with cross pass to the middle, there she will also block a ball thrown to her.
- Finally, she receives a ball at position 4 and blocks it there as well.
- While one player is already blocking in the middle, the next one can already start at position 2
- After a number of times, you can switch
- Practicing defense of opponent's offense, block coverage and positioning in the backfield
- Two passers - two SV
- Attackers position 4
- Blocker 2 centre and 1 outside.
- Outside blocker indicates position.
- Center connects.
- Blockers turn around.
- Offenders retrieve ball.
- Coach plays ball.
Hitting on the outside and the middle
Except for the playmaker, the other players perform successively a reception, an attack block and a defence.
The exercise goes as follows:
- 1 player 1 hits a technical ball to player 7
- 2a player 7 passes the ball to the play distributor
- 2b player 1 walks to the other line and closes at the back.
- 3 the play dealer gives a setup to player 6
- 4 player 6 smashes the ball on the line or diagonally
- 5 player 6 retrieves his batted ball himself
- 6 player 6 serves the ball to the other mat
- 7 player 6 retrieves his own ball
- 8 player 6 joins row
- This can also be done with a middle attack
After 10 minutes a block is added
1) From a standing position straight up blocks2
) 1 man block with lateral displacement3
) 1 man block with cross pass4
) 1 man with ball
- Twos - 1 ball length of field.
- Back line has ball.
- The person at the net blocks twice.
- Then BH played on 3 mtr line BH back.
- Attacking run LRL for right handers with jump.
- Then ball on 3 mtr line OH back.
- Afterwards 2x blocking.
Attacking outside, centre and back - 4 attacks calmly on 3 over the block of 1 and 2 - 3 passes to SV - 1 turns around after the block and attacks the middle. - 4 blocks - 2 and 3 attacking. variation: - same on the left - idem on the right
- Line up of three playmakers
- left centre and outside attackers left
- clap your hands and point in one direction
- then they jump as a block and the other one goes to cover.
- Two teams one ball
- All at the net
- One has the ball then jump on and block
- Ten times then change ball.