Volleyball drills for all skills
The goal of the core is, that the players can play the ball far overhead
- The players face each other in pairs and play overhead
- Hands well above the head, from the legs, body stretching and point towards the ball when releasing
- The players stand further and further apart from each other.
- Then we form two rows diagonally across the field and we play BH, chasing your ball
- Pass the ball overhead to each other in a snake-like figure
- Two rows of players that face each other.
- No. 1 plays the ball straight over and connects at the end of the snake.
- Nr 2 plays the ball diagonally over and connects to the end of the snake and so on.
- Hang on as long as possible (field around!)?
- It’s fair to say that volleyball is a very fast game.
- That means that a volleyball player should be able to move quickly to do great job on the court.
- Volleyball players should focus on increasing foot speed as well as core rotational speed.
- Now, it’s time for you to get familiar with some of the best volleyball exercises for explosive speed.
- Oftentimes, a volleyball player needs to jump off one leg during the game.
- It’s worth noting that this type of jumping is done by both attackers and defensive volleyball players.
- That’s the reason why athletes should do single leg bound exercise regularly.
- Actually, this volleyball exercise has many great benefits.
- First and foremost, doing single leg bound helps volleyball players succeed in jumping off one leg.
- On the other hand, this exercise helps a volleyball player gain the confidence that he/she needs to do this type of jumping.
- The exercise also positively affects a volleyball player’s hip as well as hip flexor and quads.
- It’s crucial for volleyball players to do single leg bound exercise the right way.
- When jumping off one leg you should try to keep your opposite knee up as high as it’s possible.
- Doing squat jumps helps volleyball players strengthen calves, glutes, hips as well as quads.
- When squatting down volleyball players should try to keep hips parallel.
- Make sure that your knees are bent at 90 degrees.
- Doing tuck jump has a profound positive impact on a volleyball player’s glutes, hips and quads.
- When doing this type of volleyball exercise you should keep your knees as high as possible.
- Plus, you need to spend as little time on the ground.
- Frog hops is the right type of volleyball exercise for developing explosive jumping power.
- If you do this volleyball exercise on a regular basis you’ll be able to strengthen the quadriceps and hamstrings over the time.
- As a result, you’ll be able to jump higher!
Divide "field" in 4 boxes. Exercise can be done with 2 persons at the same time, in which every player controls someone. The ball has to be played overarm, playing the ball high, and get to the other side like this.  ;
- Divide the field in 4 boxes, playing the ball in every box at least 3 times.
- Every player gets 2 turns, in which the best turn counts.
- How far are you going to get
Directions for post holders
- Play up at least 3x per box: otherwise you cannot proceed to the next box
- The turn is over, when:
- the ball drops on the ground
- the player has both feet outside the box (1 foot outside the box is allowed!).
- the ball is not played high enough above the head (pay close attention!)
- Play at least 50 cm above the head.
- Every new turn start in the first box.
- The lines are part of the box (with regard to foot fouls outside the boxes).
Divide children in pairs; 1 counter and 1 performing the exercise
- 4 hoops are in a square. The distance between the hoops is 5 meters. In every hoop is a ball. The player starts in a corner with a ball.
- Change as many balls as possible, in which the ball has to be put in the hoop. The player has to look the same direction the entire time.
- Every player has 1 turn.
- Count the number of ball changes in 45 seconds.
Directions for the counters
- The balls have to be put in the hoops. If the ball rolls out, the player has to go back to put the ball back in the hoop!
- All four hoops have to be processed in order. The player is not allowed to run between 2 hoops and change the balls!