volleyball drills for Condition
Improve condition and power + warming up
Crack the code by doing various exercises
You can play this game with each 4 exercises you can come up with.
1. Divide group in two teams which are going to do the exercises.
2. The trainer makes a 10-digit code for example (24 32 14 21 33)
3. The players will do the devised exercises in a certain order. For example: they think that the first digit is 3, so they will do exercise 3. When they have finished this exercise, they go to the trainer who tells if the digit is correct or wrong. If the digit is correct, they try to guess the next digit. If the digit is incorrect, they will have to do another exercise, for example exercise 4, to guess to correct digit.
Exercise 1: 5 times pumping
Exercise 2: run the distance between the end line and the middle line three times
Exercise 3: 5 times blocking at different places/positions
Exercise 4: 1 slide dive towards the sideline, another slide dive towards the end line
The pair that cracks the code first, wins.
Goal of the exercise:
process 2 balls quickly and having to score
Explanation of the exercise:
- Passer and playmaker and attacker all three process 2 balls shortly after each other.
- Passer learns to pass a deepball diagonally backward and a short immediate after (learns to make large angles) the playmaker has to look for the next ball immediately after the first set up.
- The attacker has to go to the back as soon as possible after landing to make another attack.
- As trainer, you can indicate where the balls have to be hit, or the tempo of the set ups, or that the passer has to do attack defense after the first pass and then pass the 2nd ball
- Length of the exercise:
Moving at blocking
Two players left and right forward at net (Player position A and B). All other players in two lines after each other.
- Player C and D together walk forward to the net.
- Player C and D together block at position 1.
- Player C lands after block on right leg and steps to position 2 to block A together.
- Player D lands after block on his left leg and steps to position 2 to block B together.
- C and D remain left and right forward after block, players A and B join back of line.
Improve reaction and speed
Repetition:In total, do 5 series of 10 balls.
- Players 1, 2, and 3 with ball in half circle.
- Player 4 before the 3 players with ball.
- Player 5 indicates, behind the back of player 4, which player has to let go of his ball
- Everybody 10 balls. Person with the most saves wins the game.
- Player 5 picks up balls if necessary and keeps count
These exercises are done in pairs
- Exercise 1:
- Person 1 is at the net with a ball,
- person 2 starts at the 3-meter line.
- Person 1 hits the ball and person has to run back and play the ball back to person 1.
- 10x per person.
- Exercise 2:
- Person 1 is on the 3-meter line with a ball.
- Person 2 is going to block at the net, and then turn around to play the short ball by person 1.
- 10x per person.
This game can be played with every 4 exercises you can come up with.
1. Make pairs to do exercises.
2. every pair gets a note with 4 boxes in which they can write a code with the figures 1, 2, 3, 4
3. the trainer makes a code, this can be 4 different figures (4231) or repeated figures (2233)
4. the players have to do the 4 exercises in sequence of the code they have written down. When they have done all 4 exercises, they have the code checked by the trainer, who notes how many are correct and how many are not.
5. the players write down a new code, and again are going to do 4 exercises in the order of their code.
Exercise 1: sprint 5x up and down between 9m
Exercise 2; block left, rotate, block middle, rotate, block right with pairs opposite each other and two times up and down
Exercise 3: sitting on the bench, ball is thrown, return underhand while getting up. Both player throw 5x, catch 5x
Exercise 4: 10x sit-up | 10x push up | 10x knee 90 degrees - jump
The first pair to crack the code wins.
- quintet with 1 ball. 1 player is at the net
- Opposite him/her is a trio next to each other
- If the ball thrower throws a ball to the middle, the middle player passes the ball back and everybody remains.
- If the ball is thrown left, the player passes the ball back and changes left for mid
- If the ball is thrown right, the player passes the ball back and changes right for mid
Which trio keeps this up the longest.
If a ball is missed, the player that made the mistake leaves the field, and a new player comes in the middle.
After every part a short rest and continue. For parts with *, a bench is required, 2 to 4 persons per bench
- Deel 1:
- 30 step-ups* (step up/down bench)
- 15 push-ups* (feet on bench)
- 30 step-ups*
- 15 spiderman push-ups (pull up 1 leg as a frog at the same time as push ups)
- Part 2:
- 30 east-west steps-ups* (right foot on bench, left foot besides, then left foot on right foot besides)
- 10 squats jumps (bend the knees and when stretching jump as high as possible)
- 30 east-west steps-ups*
- 10 squats jumps
- Part 3:
- 20 sideways shuffles over 4 meter
- 10 slit-squat jump (jump, and bend 1 knee, each time a different knee)
- Part 4:
- 20 forward and backward sprints over 4 meters
- 10 squats jumps
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.