Volleyball drills for defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
- 1 player with ball 1 without player with ball stands straight over the player without ball.
- standing between 2 cones in different colours.
- The player with the ball calls out the colour where the player has to move to and throws the ball to the player.
- This player brings the ball back and goes back to the center.
- Trainer is at position 3 with 2 helpers,
- First ball smash at position 5,
- then short ball on 3 meters and then deep ball at the right back.
- players stand in groups of 3
- 1 player sits on a skirting board (2 parts of it) with feet on the ground (in proper position like reception) on the 3m line and plays the ball in reception position to the passer.
- Another player stands on the passer position and will catch the ball which the player on the skirting board will play to him in reception.
- A 3rd player (standing on a rise) throws or hits the ball to the player on the skirting board.
- This ball must come from high so that there is a build up to a solid reception.
- The passer throws every time the caught ball to the one who throws in.
- After x number of times you change positions.
- Throw one side overhead
- the other sitting low
- and then drop to their knees and continue on the ground
- We play 3 against 3 on a half field,
- and attack (aimed and not hard),
- After playing the ball, everyone rotates a position.
- When the ball lands on the ground,
- just bring it in by playing overhand, NOT serving.
- If there are too many players, then 1 in the waiting room to come in for the pass.
- All in the field.
- Get down on your knees.
- Trainer points where to go from left to right or front or back.
- 5 - 1 line-up,
- 3 players on the serving side
- and 5 players on the defensive side.
- Trainer (Libero) defends on POS VI,
- Passeur stands at POS I and then 3 attackers at POS II, III (mid) and IV.
- 3 defenders on the other side and try to defend the ball, we play the rally on!
- It is allowed to block.
- The trainer throws the ball over to 1 of the 3 players and the passer runs around the cone to the mat and tries to catch the ball on the mat and put it in the basket.
- The 2 reserves do ladder exercises and then one of the reserves takes the place of the reception player and the reception player becomes a passer and the passer becomes a reserve.
- While the one player does the reception, the other two move to their home positions and get ready to attack.
X short ball on 3 metres, 1 defends
then C attack long on 1 to pos. 5,
then X attack long on 1 to pos. 1
and C short ball on 3 meter
1 defends all balls back to attacker
2 is next