Volleyball drills for defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
- the trainer stands at the net
- 1 person in the field
- the trainer throws difficult balls
- The person in the field has to touch 3 balls.
- If she does not touch the ball, you continue until she succeeds.
- The rest of the players stand around the field to catch the balls and put them back in the cart.
- Trainer throws in from the net and 3 players are lying on their stomachs on the backline
- Trainer hits the ball, 3 players stand up and the trainer throws the ball over the net
- the 1st person of the trio defends, nr. 2 gives a setup and nr. 3 attacks
- then next 3 team
3 players in front of the net in positions 2-3-4.
The trainer hits the ball and the players have to decide if they want to block the ball and if so where.
- the ball should be blocked and if so where. So the midfielder moves to the relevant side and the non-blocking front player moves back.
- The ball comes up high and must therefore be defended. The players all move backwards except the sv
Extend this by including the 3 players at the back.
- 1 person at the net, a back defender, a catcher and someone at the other side of the net.
- The person at the other end of the net throws the ball, just over the block before the three meter line.
- The defender comes from behind and stands on his good starting position. There he has to play the ball to the catcher.
See picture. Each 3 (or 4) players 2 balls. 2 players at the net a few meters apart, other player(s) in the backfield.
- Exercise 1: Players take turns throwing the ball, player in the backfield plays the ball back underarm.
- Exercise 2: First ball comes deep, 2nd ball comes short
- Exercise 3: Throwers stand a little further apart and throw straight: player with ball on the sideline throws deep, other short. Passer moves left/right.
After x-number of balls or after some time swap places.
- players form pairs
- 1 player stands ready to defend the ball, other player stands behind with a ball
- at a moment the player in the back throws the ball with a small curve over ( left or right ) the player in front.
- This player tries to get the ball up for the second bots ( fist under the ball or ducking ).
- The intention is that players react to an unexpected situation.
- Place 3 pawns around a player.
- 1 to the left, 1 to the right and 1 behind (working player)
- Another player, with the ball, is going to indicate to which pawn the working player has to move (good posture = hands loose in front of the body).
- At an unexpected moment, the player with the ball throws the ball (preferably not too easy) and the intention is that the working player defends the ball.
- Repeat this a few times and then change players.
- Player T.A. from the net:
- 3 teams on the back line on the belly
- Player gives slap on ball, 3 players stand up and trainer attacks one of the trio defends, nr. 2 setup and nr. 3 attacks
- then next 3 team
- Andre side are 3 blockers.
- Slide through per 3 team
Attacking at position 4, blocking at pos 2 on the other side (if there are enough players also blocking at pos 3), defending at pos 1 and 6. After defending, the ball is caught by the blocker.
- 1 sv
- Defenders remain standing
- Attacker becomes a blocker on pos. 2, if also a blocker on pos. 3, the blocker stays standing.
- After 5 minutes the defenders (and blockers) change.
- Attack at pos. 2 and 3, blocking at pos. 3 and 4 (if 1 blocker stands where the attack is going on), defence at pos. 5 and 6.