Volleyball drills for defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
The trainer stands on the other side with a ball locker
- 3 players stand in the backfield
- the coach throws (later on pass or attack) to the 3 players
- the 3 players have to get the ball to the other side in 3 plays.
- the 3rd ball (that goes over the net) has to be attacked (preferably with a jump)
- for EVERY ball you must call it loose
- every player has to hit the ball once
- 2 teams(6,8,10 or 12 players)
- 1 person in the field.
- Other players stand behind the back line in the waiting room.
- T puts ball in play in field A or B.
- You may only play the ball underarm.
- After playing the ball step out and someone in the waiting room takes your place.
- If you make a mistake, make sure you have the ball safe and go and cheer on your teammates.
- If everyone on a team has played away then you have a point.
- 3 players at the net with a ball,
- 1 player in the backfield who is working.
- (all 3 positions are possible at the back 1-6-5)
- Player at the back then receives ball from players at the net in attack,
- drop ball or technical ball,
- always return ball to the player who played the ball.
- The player working on the ball has to pay attention to his foot placement and body position with regard to the player he wants to play to.
- Player serves ball.
- Passing to setter
- Setup gives ball back
- Defense to setup
- setup for attack
- Down ball or free ball is called
- Defence to setup
- quick pass to attacker
extension with block board
- Per 2 spars,
- 1 person works,
- alternating between short drop and a smash,
- after 10x short and 10x smash exchange
- you have 2 passers on ra and la
- trainer throws/serves the ball over the net to the 2 passers.
- after having called loose, pass the ball to sv on 2/3
- sv gives set up to lv
- someone on the other side of the net tries to block and otherwise retrieve the ball
- move up one spot at a time
See picture. Each team 2 balls. 2 players at the net a few meters apart, other player in the backfield.
- Exercise 1: Players take turns throwing the ball, player in the backfield plays the ball back underhand.
- Exercise 2: First ball comes deep, second ball comes short
- Exercise 3: Throwers stand a little further apart and throw straight: player with ball on the sideline throws deep, other throws short.
After x-number of balls or after a certain time swap places.
- 2 teams,
- 1 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball on back line flat on belly.
- Attacker hits ball, defender defends on 7meter line,
- Then short ball on 3meter line.
- Besides technique, communication is also important in volleyball.
- And both aspects also apply to this exercise.
- And reacting adequately to situations which go differently than normal.
- In such an exercise you can see very well how different players are.
- Three players line up to pass (numbers 3, 4 and 5)
- Player 2 stands ready at the side of the same field of play. The other players stand ready with ball to serve on the other side.
- Player 1 serves the ball (and then immediately walks to where player 2 is already standing).
- A player passes the ball. Another player gives a setup. And the third player plays the ball over the net. All three players must play the ball, either a pass, or a setup, or an attack.
- Once the ball is over the net, the players turn: 2 goes into the court (where 3 was first) 3 goes to mid-back, 4 goes to the spot of 5 and 5 goes the serving spot of the other half.
- Then the next player can serve, on the drawing this is player 8. Etc.
- 4 balls
- 7-8 players