Volleyball drills for defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
1 side of the field: 1 player on 2, 1 player on 4 on the 3 meter line (possible reserves)
Other side of the field: 1 player on 2 and on 4 at the net, 1 player on 5 and on 1 (possible reserves)
- Throwing over Players on the 3 meter line on 2/4 are going to throw over the ball in overhand technique to 1 and 5. These players will catch the OH and bring it to 2/4 at the net. After-action: Blocking at the net + diving off after having passed the ball.
- Passing: To 1/5, still bring ball to 2/4. 2/4 at the net go and catch the ball BH in correct technique. After-action: Blocking at the net+ diving off after a hit.
1 person in the middle on the other side of the net:
- Ball is skipped/thrown to 1/5 (make clear choice), 1/5 play ball to center of field(3) 1 meter from net.
- This person is going to play the ball to the one who has not taken a reception. When 1 has taken reception, 5 comes to the net in front and is going to hit this ball to 1. 1 brings this reception back to 3.
- 3 turns to other side by RS stays standing, attacker becomes 3, reserve comes in.
- After-action: block + tap wall
- C attacks diagonally on 3 and 4
- 1 and 2 after block attack
- 3 and 4 defend, defender comes in
- Set-up to 1,2 or 3, attack to 3 defenders.
- They defend for themselves and put the ball in the box.
In pairs playing fanatically
- 1 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball on the backline, flat on belly.
- Attacker hits the ball, defender defends on 7 meter line,
- Then short ball on 3meter line.
- the coach is at the net.
- 1 person in the field.
- the trainer throws difficult balls
- the person in the field has to touch the balls 3 times in a row.
- if he/she does not do this, you continue until he/she succeeds.
- The rest of the players stand around the field to catch the balls and put them back in the cart.
- Trainer throws from the net:
- 3 teams on the backline on the stomach
- Trainer hits ball, 3 players stand up and trainer attacks one of the trio defends, no. 2 setup and no. 3 attacks
- after that next 3 team
The basics: Step out with one leg to the side. Bring the upper body down. Put your hands forward in the pass movement. Catch yourself with your hands. And slide through. With a ball Step out with one leg to the side just in front of the ball Bring your upper body down. Put your hands forward and grab the ball You throw the ball upwards Catch yourself with your hands
Step out with one leg to the side.
Bring the upper body down.
Put your hands forward in the pass movement.
Catch yourself with your hands.
And slide through.
With a ball
Step out with one leg to the side just in front of the ball
Bring your upper body down.
Put your hands forward and grab the ball
You throw the ball upwards
Catch yourself with your hands
Trainer (mid) and player on 4 at the net
Trainer throws the ball himself short behind the block or in the middle or throws the ball to 4. That player throws the ball
Defence has to solve it by sliding in well and/or standing short behind the block. SV stands behind and comes forward and gives set up to middle, left front or diagonal, who finishes the attack. Catcher puts ball back in basket.
Goal: - Defense on the right position. Who goes for which ball?
- Being able to quickly switch from defense to offense. Possible 1st tempo exercise in the middle of the attack.
A serves to B. B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball into the backfield. B defends this ball back to the playmaker, who then gives a setup for B. B attacks this setup.
After the attack, A takes B's place and B becomes a reserve. The playmaker stays.
The attackers use the left half of the court with one playmaker. The middle attackers and diagonal attackers use the right half with another playmaker.
After the service, A takes a second ball. After B's attack A throws this ball into the field. B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a setup and B attacks again.
- As long as the 3s score from the service pass they may stay on the court.
- The cubes must try to prevent this by blocking and defending and the x's by serving as hard as possible.
- Every time a player scores from the service pass he gets a point.
- Points can only be scored from the service pass.
- Keep track of the points and see who scores 10 points first.
- X1 may defend after serving.