Volleyball drills for defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
- Players with ball throw the ball over the net;
- Player on the other side tries to touch the ball in the basket.
- Take ball and pass.
- Variant: -Underhand in the basket
4 gives setup on 1 and 1 attacks on 2. 2 defends to 3, 3 gives setup on 2 and 2 attacks on 1, 1 defends on 4 and it starts all over again.
After 3 and 4 have given 5 setups they are exchanged, the challenge is to do this while keeping the ball in play.
- one hoop per player.
- only in the field.
- Ball is thrown by the trainer.
- Ball must go through the hoop before it hits the ground.
- After that with two players a hoop. ball can bounce once.
- Trainer stands in a corner of the field and has some balls.
- The 5 players are standing behind the back line and 2 of them run in as soon as the trainer bounces the ball hard.
- Trainer bounces the ball in the field and one of the 2 players starts to play the ball OH.
- The other player runs in and plays the ball BH again to player 1.
- This player catches the ball, hands it to trainer and walks outside the field to join the back of the line.
In this way you think about safety and you can continue at a high speed.
This exercise can also be adapted to the person who catches more easily or more difficult.
Depending on how it goes, bounce easier or harder.
1 sv stands on sv place in the field with the trainer and the other sv stands rv on the field with the rest of the players.
Accent is set up, block on outside and play smart.
If big team does a good attack then they get a point. If the ball falls on the ground or doesn't come over the net the other two players get two points. When BH is over the net each player gets 1 point. Coach throws the ball over the net 6 times (so you can get 12 points). After that change positions.
Coach plays high ball in the back.
Pass to SV
Attack: only from position 2
Trainer plays on or gets a new ball and plays to 2 (SV)
SV sets up
Block set up
Defending behind (from the smart ball from 1)
Thick mat against the net, you hit the mat and then you have to pass the ball
In this exercise, positions 4 and 7 are not occupied. On the right is sv.
Accent in this exercise:
- pass, block and sv
- Try to play through and vary attacking balls: smash, hole in the middle or play on the lines left and right (in the back is difficult because there is no miss-back who can defend the ball.
Trainer plays high ball at the back
Pass to SV
Trainer plays to 1 or 2
Set up to the other
Block set up
- C attacks diagonally on 3 and 4
- 1 after block attack (2 does not participate due to the number of players)
- 3 and 4 defend, playmaker comes in
- set-up to 1 or 3, attack to 3 defenders. 1 may attack behind or at midfield - agree in advance
- They defend for themselves and put the ball in the box.
- After a few balls the players change position (preferably on their own).
1. 1, 2 and 3 can play back/attack the ball on the half of '3 and 4'.
2. Order to attackers 1 and 3 to play the ball on a specific position (e.g. tap in the middle or at the back of the field).
3 against 4
3 persons with ball at the net, spread over these nine meters. 2 persons in the back of the field. 1st ball = a batted floater, bring in the pass. 2nd ball = a difficult to defend ball (diving required). 3rd ball is a hard hit attack. 5 rounds pp then change.