Volleyball drills for defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
C attacks diagonally on 3 and 4- 1 and 2 after the block attack
3 and 4 defend, playmaker comes in
set-up to 1,2 or 3, attack to 3 defenders.
These defend for themselves and put the ball in the box.
- C throws a ball to A or B
- Set up a block on that side
- Pass the ball over the block to the defence
- Build up an attack on the middle
- Change after 10 balls
- Variation: attacking outside or behind
- Make two teams and two goals from cones.
- The ball has to stay low to the ground so sit low and then play the ball with your flat hand.
- Who first scores a goal.
- Stop after about 15 minutes.
- Then record the score who has scored the most has won.
- Five players at the net with a ball...
- 2 on pos, 2 --- 1 on pos. 3 --- 2 on pos.4
- Rest without the ball on position 5
- Pos. 2 hits the first defender on pos. 5, who runs in for a defensive ball on pos. 6 and with a shuffle to pos.
- 1 to defend a batted ball from pos. 4.
- Pos 2 and 4 take turns hitting.
- Defenders continue to defend.
- Short explanation step 1 diving:
- Make a large step towards the ball. Pay attention the step has to be big and sideways, otherwise the knee is in the way.
- Same, but after the step you have to make a pass move and put your hands on the ground as a spring or cushion.
- idem, then glide on calmly by pushing off with feet and hands.
- Try with a small run
Lay the ball down in front of you, and during the pass move, grab the ball and throw it up
Try to fit a throw-in into the downward movement. Sliding through.
- Group split into two groups of 5, field divided into two halves'.
- on each side a bench on the back line with cones on it. (opposite sides)
- 3 players leave on the back line, 1 reserve, 1 service on other side of the field.
- A serve is given to the three players: reception - pass - touch over net.
- when the player has played the ball the players walk to the side where the bench is: reception - pass - hit to the cones
- Which team hits the most cones off the bench?
- 2 3-players in the field, each their own half.
- Trainer starts with smash.
- Team of 3 handles ball and plays out rally.
- Against the other team.
- After 10 points, 3 teams rotate.
- On one side you attack with three attackers, on the other side you defend.
- Trainer throws balls for the playmaker
Two teams each a ball.
- One person throws the ball overhead and the other person defends the ball.
- As soon as the one throws the ball the other throws the ball up for herself and defends the ball that is thrown and catches her own ball.
- Who can hit can hit.