volleyball drills for General
See picture. Each trio 2 balls. 2 players at the net number of meters from each other, other player in the back field.
- Exercise 1: Players rapidly throw in turns, player in the back field returns ball underhand.
- First ball is deep, 2nd ball is short
- Exercise 3: Throwers increase their distance apart and throw straight: player with ball at the side line throws deep, other short .
Change places after x number of balls or after a certain time.
- Trainer throws the ball, player catches the ball and puts it in the cart.
- Then the player goes to the ladder, goes through it, and joins the next line.
- Throw difficult balls (left and right, front and back).
- Play underhand for themselves and catch.
- Two players get ready next to each other and have to call let go.
- A setupper is added who has to catch the underhand ball.
- An attacker is added who has to play the setupper's ball over the net.
- bring the ball into the game; S sets up to left forward
- 1 diagonal attack
- all rotate one spot when ball is over the net
- defend diagonal attack on set-upper
- set up to left forward, attack diagonally; etc.
POINTS OF ATTENTION:
- when rotating, quickly to starting position
- all provide attack defense
- right forward block put straight
this exercise teaches the players to play 'smart'. Just over the net, or in the back in the corners
explanation is for 6 players
- line 1 of 3 players with ball behind trainer
- rij 2 of 2 players to attack at left forward
- player from line 1 pushes ball in hands trainer, and player immediately walks to reserve position sv
- Trainer throws ball up to centre forward
- Play SV from centre forward the ball overarm on right or left forward (as setup)
- sv walks immediatelyafter playing the ball to the line of attackers
- there are 5 hoops on the other field
- 1 in all corners of the field and 1 in the middle of the field
- player comes in play ball in hoop
- if this works SV AND PLAYER a point
- get own ball, join line servers
- in this exercise it is important to immediately walk on after the action
- Is allowed 3x for yourself
- No bonus points for 3x playing
- serve normally
- half field
- antenna in middle of the net
- end line at around 3 m
- this exercise teaches them to:
- play smart, short, etc
- properly assess in and out
- on responsibility!
- Go forward immediately after serving, otherwise the ball will be on the ground right over the net
- train forward to move backwards, and immediately position after playing! Emphasize this
- 2 players, each have their own ball
- 1 of 2 players is the boss, the other follower (later reverse this)
- You start simple and you can expand with various difficulties
- if the boss throws the ball with a bounce, the follower throws the ball on breast height to the bass
- if the boss throws the ball on breast height, the follower throws the ball with a bounce.
- More difficult: if the boss puts down the ball, the follower also puts down the ball, and both walk to the ball of the other, boss throws bounce or breast ball etc
- More difficult: if the boss throws the ball in a high arch, then:
- the follower first throws his own ball in the air
- catches the boss' ball
- immediately throws it back
- catches his own ball
- after a while, change all bosses and followers
- Both players have a ball
- Start the exercise easy, build up according to level
- 1 of 2 is the boss (change after a while)
- the boss decides how he throws the ball to the other
- with a bounce, the follower throws a breast ball
- the boss throws a breast ball, the follower throws a bounce
- make more difficult:
- boss throws ball in high arch, follower first throws his own ball up high, catches ball boss, then catches own ball
- puts ball on the ground, follower puts ball on the ground, and both run to each others ball, and boss quickly decides something
- the idea is to make it hard for each other
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.