Volleyball drills for general
- per 3
- one player on each side of the net, Setter at the net
- ball goes over the net and is played underhand to the setter
- setter makes the pass and the ball can be passed to the next setter
- the player who hit the ball goes under the net and becomes setter at that side (the player who passed the ball is always a new setter).
- Player A throws/strikes the ball towards player C.
- Player C passes the ball to player B.
- Player B sets up the ball.
- Player C attacks if the pass was good.
Goal: Try to attack/play 3rd ball on the imaginary mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball: A to row position C, C to row position A, B change after a while.
Extension: With enough players one-woman block.
See picture. Each 3 (or 4) players 2 balls. 2 players at the net a few meters apart, other player(s) in the backfield.
- Exercise 1: Players take turns throwing the ball, player in the backfield plays the ball back underarm.
- Exercise 2: First ball comes deep, 2nd ball comes short
- Exercise 3: Throwers stand a little further apart and throw straight: player with ball on the sideline throws deep, other short. Passer moves left/right.
After x-number of balls or after some time swap places.
- Trainer throws/serves the balls in the field. 4 kids in team formation play this ball back in 3 times.
- The rest of the players put the balls in the ballcarrier.
- After 3 balls change (also with the kids who get balls).
- One player on each side at pos 5. One spare is waiting at the sideline.
- other players are standing with the ball on pos 1.
- player on pos 1. throws the ball over, players on pos 5 play reception to the basket.
- differentiation: throw over the ball / serve from the 6m line / serve from the end line.
- sliding through: pos1 to the other side of pos 5 and after that the same side to pos 1
Jump Exercise extra height
All stand in a circle
- Jump up 2 times in a series of 10 x with the help of arm swinging.
It is important that extra height is gained by using your arms to swing backwards and forward when going up.
- See picture.
- Take turns throwing the ball.
- After throwing the ball touch the back line and walk to the next spot.
- Throwing good?
- Then everything underhand.
- Later all above hands.
- Team builds up attack after serving.
- After the attack opposite player (S1, S2 or S3) throws the ball right back into the field
- (ball jumps back from the block),
- team builds up new attack
- There is always one person in the whole field.
- The trainer stands at the other side of the net and plays difficult balls through the whole field.
- You have to go for every ball