Volleyball drills for general
- Player A throws ball over the net.
- Player B or C passes the ball over the net.
- The other player quickly runs under the net and sets up the ball for the same player who passed.
- This player tries to get a pawn off the bench with overhand play or a hitting move.
Which pair or team has knocked the most pawns off the bench after X number of minutes?
- 3 against 3 or 2 tegn 2 (depending on number of players) on half court.
- The ball must be kept in play on control.
- Two players in the back of the court, the one who does not pass comes in for set up.
- In case of 3 against 3, 1 player stands at the net and turns if the ball doesn't go over the net.
- When they have passed the ball over the net 10 times in a row, they may go to the next level.
- When the ball falls on the ground they start counting again.
- Points of attention: on control, technical ball control
- 1) attack out of position
- 2) with jump - hit calmly and aimed - (withheld)
- 3) with jump full force - hit aimed
- 4) hit free from the trap.
- Exercise in competition form, 2 teams of 3 players against each other.
- 3 contacts before the ball is played over the net.
- First contact is OH reception, second contact may be played with replacement technique (unlike normal first contact).
- Replacement technique goes to SV.
- SV makes high pass, which is tested over.
- Control the ball 6 points in a row.
- Formation with 6 players.
- Trainer throws in the ball and the players have to finish 6 balls in a row.
- Rotation - after each good ball you turn, otherwise you stay standing and the score is 0 again.
- Extension: instead of throwing - save the rest of the team hard.
- 2 rows behind the back line.
- First 2 stand in the field.
- Trainer brings in ball.
- Pass left player towards position 2/3 then setup of right player.
- The passer goes to attack on own side of the court.
- The setupper does attack coverage.
- The two teams rotate to form a new pair.
- Extension: There are now 2 attackers at the net.
- The rest do exactly the same as before.
- Attackers come back from the net after the coach has brought in the ball.
- The setup always goes to the opposite corner from the set-upper.
- Pass from the right back, then left back setup on the right front.
- Set-upper covers and takes the place of the attacker.
- The passer remains standing and so does the non-offending player.
- Trainer throws ball, player catches ball and puts it in the cart.
- After this the player goes to the ladder. Here he goes through it and joins the next row.
- Throwing the ball in a difficult way (left and right, front and back).
- Playing underhand and catching for themselves.
- Two players stand ready next to each other and have to call loose.
- A setupper comes on and has to catch the underhand ball.
- An attacker arrives and has to play the ball from the setupper over the net.
Players enter the field in pairs (or trios). Each pair or trio has a ball.
- Ball is hit into the field by one duo or trio.
- The others try to pass the ball on in 3 contacts.
- If the ball is played to the player who is already holding the ball, this player must throw the ball to another player.
- Goal = 10 points.
- Same principle as in the first exercise; but this time the ball must be overplayed with the ball they already hold.
- (Bounce/push the ball against the ball). Goal = 10 points
- Group split into two groups of 5, field divided into two halves'.
- on each side a bench on the back line with cones on it. (opposite sides)
- 3 players leave on the back line, 1 reserve, 1 service on other side of the field.
- A serve is given to the three players: reception - pass - touch over net.
- when the player has played the ball the players walk to the side where the bench is: reception - pass - hit to the cones
- Which team hits the most cones off the bench?
- Split the group into pairs.
- The pairs will work through a number of stations, where different tasks have to be performed.
- Station 1: A slalom through several poles, with an underhand pass at the end of the slalom.
- Move as fast as possible between the poles.
- Station 2: One player lies down on the backline, while the other stands at the net with the ball.
- Player at the net hits the ball.
- Player in the backfield then stands up, and defends a hit ball at 7 meters, or a prik ball at the 3 meter.
- Station 3: Player stands in front of a trampoline, behind player 1 stands a second player with 2 tennis balls.
- One tennis ball is thrown into the trampoline, player 1 catches it before it hits the ground.
- The second tennisball is thrown quickly after it.
- Station 4: Simple, good block jumps, paying attention to the technique.
- Station 5: Reflex training: player stands with arms outstretched, a ball in each hand.
- Player 2 faces the other player, and reacts to the release of one of the balls.
- Do not make the distance between players too great to begin with.
- Each station has a working time of 1 minute.