Volleyball drills for general
- Practicing defense of opponent's offense, block coverage and positioning in the backfield
- one ball in pairs.
- hold the ball up high
- then move sideways over the sidelines along the net or around the field.
Exercise with several links, so it is important that each link seriously participates.
- From position 2 a player throws the ball to the player at position 6.
- This player passes the ball to SV at position 3.
- SV plays the ball to 4.
- Here a player catches the ball, and connects with position 2 (outside off).
- Every player changes position 1.
- Instead of passing underhand, pass overhead.
- Instead of overhand, smash.
- Instead of catching, the player in position 4 smashes the ball. Note: at the net, step back, attack pass and smash.
- first good hand
- other hand
- in turn
- take high
- take low
- walk dribble
- go under your leg
- 1 player on the sideline
- 2 players on the other sideline
- player 1 bra the 2 players underhand
- alternate thus.
- after a while turn
- Everybody have a ball
- then stand by the net and
- then you throw underhand against the net.
- Watch the ball carefully and catch it underhand.
Back line - 2 lines:
- Walk to back line 4x
- Heels against seat until middle line - calmly walk to back line 2x
- "At a fast pace to mid-line - slowly walk out to back-line 2x
- Lift knees to middle line - walk slowly to back line 2x
- "Quickly work your way to mid-line - slowly work your way to the back line 2x
- Lateral left to mid-line - 1x
- Sideways right to middle line - 1x
Hind line - 2 lines
- 3 meter line - back line - middle - back line 1x
- 3 meter line - back line - middle - back line - 3 meter - back line - back line
- Each his given exercise
Per 3 - 1 ball: Sparring 15 min.
- Sparring with the intention to stay busy
2 teams, one of which plays with 6.
- If team sees opposing team use pass/key to play over the net,
- the entire team must move backwards, away from the center.
If opposing team plays an attack through midfield, they must be in the regular lineup.
Make 3 threes:
- 2 trios form base 6
- Coach plays ball high over the net, back players handle this ball.
- Point of attention: the two outside players (position 2 and 4) must move backwards when they see the high ball, in order to defend, and then be ready for the attack again.
- Play out the rally in a concentrated manner.
- Teams of 3 alternate.
points of interest:
- call loose
- When attacking the block and the rest react in the back. Libero covers the block.
- At high ball, anticipate to the back