Volleyball drills for general
- 2 rows behind the back line.
- First 2 stand in the field.
- Trainer brings in ball.
- Pass left player towards position 2/3 then setup of right player.
- The passer goes to attack on own side of the court.
- The setupper does attack coverage.
- The two teams rotate to form a new pair.
- Extension: There are now 2 attackers at the net.
- The rest do exactly the same as before.
- Attackers come back from the net after the coach has brought in the ball.
- The setup always goes to the opposite corner from the set-upper.
- Pass from the right back, then left back setup on the right front.
- Set-upper covers and takes the place of the attacker.
- The passer remains standing and so does the non-offending player.
- Trainer throws ball, player catches ball and puts it in the cart.
- After this the player goes to the ladder. Here he goes through it and joins the next row.
- Throwing the ball in a difficult way (left and right, front and back).
- Playing underhand and catching for themselves.
- Two players stand ready next to each other and have to call loose.
- A setupper comes on and has to catch the underhand ball.
- An attacker arrives and has to play the ball from the setupper over the net.
Players enter the field in pairs (or trios). Each pair or trio has a ball.
- Ball is hit into the field by one duo or trio.
- The others try to pass the ball on in 3 contacts.
- If the ball is played to the player who is already holding the ball, this player must throw the ball to another player.
- Goal = 10 points.
- Same principle as in the first exercise; but this time the ball must be overplayed with the ball they already hold.
- (Bounce/push the ball against the ball). Goal = 10 points
- Group split into two groups of 5, field divided into two halves'.
- on each side a bench on the back line with cones on it. (opposite sides)
- 3 players leave on the back line, 1 reserve, 1 service on other side of the field.
- A serve is given to the three players: reception - pass - touch over net.
- when the player has played the ball the players walk to the side where the bench is: reception - pass - hit to the cones
- Which team hits the most cones off the bench?
- Split the group into pairs.
- The pairs will work through a number of stations, where different tasks have to be performed.
- Station 1: A slalom through several poles, with an underhand pass at the end of the slalom.
- Move as fast as possible between the poles.
- Station 2: One player lies down on the backline, while the other stands at the net with the ball.
- Player at the net hits the ball.
- Player in the backfield then stands up, and defends a hit ball at 7 meters, or a prik ball at the 3 meter.
- Station 3: Player stands in front of a trampoline, behind player 1 stands a second player with 2 tennis balls.
- One tennis ball is thrown into the trampoline, player 1 catches it before it hits the ground.
- The second tennisball is thrown quickly after it.
- Station 4: Simple, good block jumps, paying attention to the technique.
- Station 5: Reflex training: player stands with arms outstretched, a ball in each hand.
- Player 2 faces the other player, and reacts to the release of one of the balls.
- Do not make the distance between players too great to begin with.
- Each station has a working time of 1 minute.
- The ball is played overhand along the net, after playing go around the pylon and join at the other side
- The ball is passed in the middle, after playing it, the player blocks it 2x, after that around the pylon play again
- On one side you attack with three attackers, on the other side you defend.
- Trainer throws balls for the playmaker
- Play a game of volley tennis against each other.
- At lower levels the ball is allowed to bounce once, at higher levels it can be played in one go.
- As soon as you lose a point you have to run circles around the court.
- Until 2 remain, these play a final.