Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- Split the group into pairs.
- The pairs will work through a number of stations, where different tasks have to be performed.
- Station 1: A slalom through several poles, with an underhand pass at the end of the slalom.
- Move as fast as possible between the poles.
- Station 2: One player lies down on the backline, while the other stands at the net with the ball.
- Player at the net hits the ball.
- Player in the backfield then stands up, and defends a hit ball at 7 meters, or a prik ball at the 3 meter.
- Station 3: Player stands in front of a trampoline, behind player 1 stands a second player with 2 tennis balls.
- One tennis ball is thrown into the trampoline, player 1 catches it before it hits the ground.
- The second tennisball is thrown quickly after it.
- Station 4: Simple, good block jumps, paying attention to the technique.
- Station 5: Reflex training: player stands with arms outstretched, a ball in each hand.
- Player 2 faces the other player, and reacts to the release of one of the balls.
- Do not make the distance between players too great to begin with.
- Each station has a working time of 1 minute.
- 1 player with ball at the net, 2 without ball on the 3 meter line.
- Nets player plays ball BH halfway the field and no.1 shuffles backwards and plays back BH.
- Then no.2. etc.
- Change 3 times after that
- 1 player at the net and 2 on the backline.
- The net player passes to the net player on the 3 metre line. no.1 comes running and passes to the net player and then no.2.
- 1 catcher at the net each side
- 2 passers either side
- 2 or 3 server both ends
- Per group (server-passer-catcher) take turns serving.
- Pass to SV/catcher Ball to OTHER server.
- A serves to B, C and D.
- B, C and D play the ball in 3x over net.
- The coach serves to the 3 passers in the backfield.
- They pass the ball to the receiver (A).
- The passer becomes receiver, receiver puts the ball back in the box and joins the waiting line (B).
- On one side you attack with three attackers, on the other side you defend.
- Trainer throws balls for the playmaker
- This exercise is designed to improve the touch of the young players in a playful and competitive way.
- Make teams of 2 and they will stand on opposite sides of the net.
- The first person starts to key the other when the ball arrives at the other, they should scoop the ball out of the air twice and key it back.
- We do this in competition form to 10 points, the person who first has 10 points has won.
5 hoops distributed over the field:
- 1 in the corner at position 1
- 1 in the corner on position 5
- 1 in the corner on position 2
- 1 in the corner at position 4
- 1 on the 3 meter line - in the middle of the field
A on pass:
- Self-touching - A plays back - attacks/allies on returned ball
A on pass:
- Passing to right post - someone on position 5: himself passes to A - A passes and attacks
At the centre: someone stays on to pass the ball to the centre
- Server hits the ball and serves.
- From the side and back three defenders quickly enter the field, one passes to the SV at the 2 position.
- He gives a three-metre pass to one of the defenders who did not pass.
- Passers swap with the reserves.
- After x times swap roles.
- Option:L the server defends the three-meter ball.