Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- Player 1 throws the ball to player 3.
- 3 passes back and then runs sideways to player 2.
- Player 2 throws the ball to 3 and 3 passes back again.
- Approximately 3 minutes pp or longer if the players can handle it.
- The dotted lines show how the ball moves, the normal line shows how the player moves.
- Ball is served.
- Pass by 1/5/6.
- Set-up by 1, but on a first pass by 1 set-up by 2.
- After set-up an attack by 2/3/4, but on a set-up by 2 only an attack by 3/4.
- After service 2 (or more) players walk into the court to play.
- Ball/ralley is played all the way out.
- NB: FOCUS IS ON THE SERVICE PASS!
- T touches the ball
- Defend with a pass to T
- then short tip ball
- Three must do block defence
- Finish the attack in threes
5 times then next threesome
- On each side a row of attackers.
- All have a ball, except the one at the net.
- At the same time throw the ball to the other side and pass the ball from the other side.
- After a while throw the ball from the middle to the right side and pass it again.
- After passing catch the ball.
Libero on position 6 Setter on position 3 2 Waiters on position 1 - if waiter misses, the waiter is called back. 1 receptionist on position 5 1 libero on position 6 1 setter on position 3 1 attacker on position 2 1 blocker on position 4
1 serves to 2 and libero to 6
2 makes reception to setter and gives back pass to 3
3 attacks straight ahead or tips short - server defends attack/tip from 3
After the serve server (1) starts defending on position 5 - libero stays in place
Rotation: server -> receiver -> attacker -> block -> reserve server
- Diagonally on position 2 and 5 a row of players.
- Ball is passed to the BH.
- From position 2 a centre block and an outside block on 4 -
- On position 4 you wait for the next player for a 2 man block.
- Afterwards to 5
- When you have played on 5, you get a ball on position 1, which is thrown to you by the trainer.
- Then in line at 2
- 2 groups, field in half lengthwise.
- Side A left 2 servers,
- Side B left 2 passers, 1 SV and 1 attacker.
- After serving, server walks into the court and chooses position other server ready for next ball.
- Pass to SV set-up
- Attacker makes correct run and jump and plays ball BH to server. Then next ball.
- On 5 occasions correct - 5 times tactical ball - task server on 3m line.
- When 3 times correct - 2 times hard attack straight ahead.
- Then turn except for SV.
- Two passers - two SV
- Attackers position 4
- Blocker 2 centre and 1 outside.
- Outside blocker indicates position.
- Center connects.
- Blockers turn around.
- Offenders retrieve ball.
- Coach plays ball.
Hitting on the outside and the middle
Except for the playmaker, the other players perform successively a reception, an attack block and a defence.
The exercise goes as follows:
- 1 player 1 hits a technical ball to player 7
- 2a player 7 passes the ball to the play distributor
- 2b player 1 walks to the other line and closes at the back.
- 3 the play dealer gives a setup to player 6
- 4 player 6 smashes the ball on the line or diagonally
- 5 player 6 retrieves his batted ball himself
- 6 player 6 serves the ball to the other mat
- 7 player 6 retrieves his own ball
- 8 player 6 joins row
- This can also be done with a middle attack
After 10 minutes a block is added