Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- 1 set upper, 1 catcher at the basket, the rest pass.
- Trainer throws ball to passer
- Set up tries to score in the basket.
- In basket = 2 point
- edge = 1 point
- Catcher puts ball in basket.
- In each field
- thrower on the 3m line
- (total 6 players, extra players reserve 1 extra per position)
- Passing, catching and throwing underhands
- Chasing the ball
- Extend with:
- Pass the ball at the top of the line
- Catcher gives short ball back on 3m line, passer runs in
- Passer moves back, catcher touches the ball gently.
- Person A starts at the net.
- B starts at the back line.
- A makes a block jump and at the moment A lands, B throws the ball to A.
- A passes the ball back to B. 10x pp.
- Possible extension by hitting the ball.
- Play in pairs.
- Player at the net plays overhand,
- The other passes underhand.
- Before the back-player passes, she taps the ground with both hands.
- Goal: sit low
- 3 against 3 without 3 meter area.
- Must try to pass 3 times, and finish with smash.
- Trainer starts rally with a hard smash, then the 3s play out the rally.
- Until 5 points.
- Then the teams switch.
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball into the backfield.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, who then catches the ball.
- A takes B's place and becomes B's reserve. The playmaker remains standing.
- The offside attackers use the left half of the field with one playmaker.
- The middle attackers and diagonal attackers use the right half with another playmaker.
- B can attack instead of catching.
- B instead of long ball passing, short ball surfacing.
- Two teams of at least 5 people
- Trainer (white sideline) throws ball on the MA (position 6)
- Pass to playmaker
- Distributor gives high ball to left front and right front near the 3 meter line
- Attack on 3 meter
- Opponent defends the ball and builds up a new attack in the same way, if not defended, trainer throws in a ball
- Defender (mid-back) takes place of attacker (left or right)
- Attacker goes to position MV (position 3)
- MV runs out of the field and joins group on back line
Team sets up, opponent has serve.
- Ball 1: serve
- Ball 2: free-ball at the side with 3 players
- Ball 3: free-ball at the side with 6 players
- Ball 4: T plays ball to the side with 6 players
- Free-ball, attack net, drop, attack behind 3 meter line
- Pass 10 times underhand at 3 meter distance.
- Pass 10 times overhead at a distance of 3 meters
- Both successful? Then both take a step back.