Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- 2 players on p5 and p6
- Catcher on p2/3
- 2 server on p1
- Service on p5 or p6
- Pass to p2/3 and catch. Roll the ball to P1.
- After 5x good passes, the passer changes to catcher and a server comes to pass.
- The receiver starts serving.
- No more catching, but setup to 4 and catching there.
Blue servesRed passes
to 2/3 (catcher)
to 2/3 (catcher)
- After the serve
- Waiting room red
- After the pass
Based on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHWyGDTMe4
- Red/round throws ball over net to triangle blue
- Triangle blue passes to circle blue
- Red/round throws his/her 2nd ball over the net
- Triangle blue passes to blue round again.
- Triangle blue sprints to position 2, sets up platform position and taps the ground.
- Red around, joins passers (triangle blue)
- Triangle blue connects with catchers (round blue)
- Round blue joins round red.
- Trainer throws ball to position A1
- Player 1 passes the short ball and runs to the middle
- Trainer passes ball to position B1
- Player 2 tries to pass ball back from A2, and stands ready for the ball on A1.
- Then trainer switches to the other side
- Trainer throws ball on to A2
- Player 2 passes the short ball and walks to the middle.
- Trainer throws the ball on to B2
- Player 1 tries to pass ball on B2, and stands ready for ball on A2.
- Other players?
- 3 fetch balls
- 3 encourage
- After 10 balls change group.
- 2 trainers available?
- 1 trainer makes sure the player in the middle does not cheat by starting too fast (and keeps him/her in the middle)
- Practice setup underhand because of emergency balls or ill fitting balls.
- The trainer throws the balls to player 2 who plays the ball underhand to the right front.
- Player 1 walks to this position and gives an underhand setup on the outside where player 2 attacks.
- After this action player 1 goes to position of player 2 and player 3 comes to position of player 1. etc.
- The attackers get the balls themselves and put them back in the ballcar.
- When the pass is going well you can increase the pace so that the exercise continues and people do not have to wait too long.
- Server brings in the ball at a quick pace,
- Players defend/pass this ball to 2/3 (catcher).
- Catcher catches the ball --> serve --> around the pawns and sprint to the opposite side
- 1 player at position 2.
- 1 player on position 3.
- Coach or player on position 4.
- Rest of the players in a line behind the back line at position 1.
- Player at position 2 throws a deep ball.
- Player passes back.
- Player at position 3 throws a short ball inside the three meter line.
- Player passes back ball.
- Player/coach at position 4 hits or throws a deep ball.
- Player passes it back and joins the back of the row again.
- Don't forget to pass regularly!
- 1 server, on the other side of the field 3 passers, with behind them again 3 passers who are ready.
- The server taps the ball, the passers run to the middle line, run backwards and the server serves.
- Play 3 times, everyone on the field.
- Change positions.
- Then with back to server, taps the ball, passers run into the field after which the server serves.
- Trainer throws-serves ball to passer.
- A passes ball to midfield position.
- B stands at the basket and catches the ball and brings it to the trainer and then joins the back of the line.
- A becomes B.