Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- Trainer throws ball at the mid-back, position 6
- Pass to playmaker
- Distributor gives high ball to the left and right front, near the 3 meter line.
- Two teams of at least 5 people
- Trainer (white sideline) throws ball on the MA (position 6)
- Pass to playmaker
- Distributor gives high ball to left front and right front near the 3 meter line
- Attack on 3 meter
- Opponent defends the ball and builds up a new attack in the same way, if not defended, trainer throws in a ball
- Defender (mid-back) takes place of attacker (left or right)
- Attacker goes to position MV (position 3)
- MV runs out of the field and joins group on back line
- Two teams, pass to each other.
- If it goes well, alternate pass/smash.
- After some time, go over with 4 in a square.
- Left back starts, throws to left front, this passes to right back (so diagonally),
- Right back catches and throws to right front,
- this one passes to the left back (i.e. diagonally),
- this one catches etc. etc.
- If that goes well, try with smash instead of throw.
Both playmakers and libero:
- 1 sv stands at position 5. 1
- Defender goes to position 2/3.
- 1 player stands on position 4 (next to the basket) plays the ball to the libero
- to position 2/3
- set-up in the basket. after 10 balls distributors change.
- set-up forward both 2x
- set-up backwards both 2x
- libero set up forearms 20balls own choice forwards
- libero set-up forearms20 ballsbackwards. (other player will throw the ball).
- will work with coach to dodge tap balls and defend hard attacks.
- Other players:
- Make threes.
- each trio 1ball.
- lineup on the back line.
- Number 1 has the ball.
- Play the ball overhand backwards to number 2 and so on.
- Number 1 follows in the back until you reach the net.
- Then you start again.
- 3x reach the net without dropping the ball.
- 2. pass the ball underarm to each other in a triangle.
- 4 players on each side of the net,
- 1 at each antenna,
- 2 together in the middle on the 5 meter
- 2 teams, sometimes 3 teams
- Throw the ball underhand, fellow player plays it back underhand.
- Assignment, ball must be returned with a nice curve.
- After 10 throws, change, and continue.
- Throw in the ball underhand, teammate plays it back underhand, again in a nice curve,
- Ball is not caught but returned overhead.
- Ball is thrown underhand, fellow player shuffles backwards, and plays back underhand with a nice arc.
- Trainer smashes, throws balls to 3 players on 1 playfield.
- Players 1, 2 and 3.
- Per turn 3 balls.
- These 3 players have to process the smash into a pass to the midfield, in a nice curve.
- Midfielder catches the ball, and puts it back in the ball bin.
- Watch out:
- Player 3 leaves the field, the other 2 move up and are supplemented by new players. Rotation.
- Both sides set up a team, normal game line-up.
- Trainer throws ball into the backfield, team defends and builds up attack, opponent idem, ball is introduced by trainer where mistake is made.
- Quick switching, lasting rallies and no delays as a result of service.
- Regularly turn at the indication of the coach.
- All players take a ball (except 2 players).
- The 2 players without the ball both stand in the middle on one side of the net.
- The other players all line up at position 4,
- the first player throws his ball/or touches in a good intention towards the player who gives the pass.
- The first player throws his ball/or key in a good intention to the player who gives the pass.
- The ball is caught and this player continues to the other side of the net.
- This player does the same while the second player can already set up at the first pass.
- When all players have been through both passeurs they will be exchanged.
- Until everyone has passed. (If this works well after a few practice sessions, you can then build up to a possible attack as well!)